ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

How I am going to keep my teaching license

+5
BKKSomchai
kruhjoe
ttompatz
gungchang
bahn_farang
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Inspired by Gungchang's thread, this thread is one which members can post what they aim to do to maintain their status.

The needed documents can be found at https://thailandteaching.thai-forum.net/t21-teaching-licence-renewal

I have, post gaining my licence, completed a PGCEi and am now one third through a masters. I have also attended conferences (not as many as I would have liked). I have also conducted seminars which I, as a habit, collect letters or certificates of thanks.

How about you? Now that you have the license, what will you do to keep it?

gungchang

gungchang

I do in fact have a modest collection of certificates of attendance to various seminars/training sessions, but not enough. I'm hoping that the CELTA alone will fill professional development requirements.

Joe included the "Declaration on a renewal of expired teaching license" in his documents.  I don't have permission to download documents, but there's no hurry.

I will file the declaration next year.  I'll be in a Catch-22 in that KSP wants a WP, but the school will want a license.

Maybe KSP will renew my expired license on the strength of an O visa and a prior license.  Or, a part time gig at a mall school might net a WP as long as I pay for it.  We'll see.

I want to renew my license because it will be my last chance.  Having a license, a verified degree, a CELTA, and a Thai wife go a long way towards mitigating my age. And, it's really cool.  I love using it as a picture ID instead of my passport.  Also, with a teaching license and my passport card, I don't have to carry my passport.

ttompatz

ttompatz

I have a collection of (more than 10) certificates for presentations and speaking at various conferences.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

gungchang

gungchang

Show off!

I'm glad that you migrated to this board.

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

It would appear (no offence gungchang) the next elephant in the room for the new wave of licensed teachers is how to keep it! Perhaps this board will enable those that have the card to keep one eye on the ball. 5 years passes so quickly and I will be soon applying for a renewal.

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

bahn_farang wrote:Perhaps this board will enable those that have the card to keep one eye on the ball.

Yes! And I really hope to become a member of that club soon, too! As I'm just about to receive (after seven years of struggle) my first licence. Hopefully, within this year. wai

Another common topic that could also possibly set us on the same path again could be (maybe) the endeavour for obtaining a permanent residence in Thailand. Anyone else thinking of going for it? i don't know

http://thailandteaching.info

gungchang

gungchang

Mongolia has worked out well, I think, or I wouldn't be starting a third year.  My license lapsing is just one of the costs of a long overdue change of scenery (and lifestyle, and language, and currency, and, and).

Failure to renew is not the end of the world at my age, but it sure would be nice to keep it.

If any board member encounters a school in the middle of nowhere that would like a NES teacher and be willing to sponsor an old fart WP for a year to facilitate renewing the license, think of me.

To echo KJ & BJ, being aware that one must have everything in order six months before the license expires is sound advice, assuming you're not peddling your bicycle butt in Inner Mongolia.

How I am going to keep my teaching license  Bike10

You might avoid an unpleasant surprise.

Now it seems that there might be another thread to start regarding PR.

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

I draw attention to number 4 on the list of requirements for license renewal. It is late and the offices are closed, has anyone renewed their license using a "non o"
Attachments
How I am going to keep my teaching license  AttachmentScreen Shot 2560-08-03 at 7.05.57 PM.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(330 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

BKKSomchai

BKKSomchai

^ I don't have permission to see that

ttompatz

ttompatz

BKKSomchai wrote:^ I don't have permission to see that

Here you go:

License
Renewal
Requirements

- Hold Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education field or
- Hold Bachelor’s degree in another field + teaching experience of not less than 5 years or
- Hold lower than Bachelor’s degree + teaching experience of not less than 10 years
- License holder must supply reasonable documentation of not less than 3 professional
development activities during the 5-year validity period of the license
- The school director examines the accuracy and approve that the license holder meets the qualification

Required
Documents

1. Completed Professional License Renewal Application Form (Form KS. 02) with a 1-inch photo attached; and sign applicants’ name on above line.
2. Completed applicant’s Qualification Declaration Form (Form KS. 02.10). This form must be signed by the applicant on the page 4, and the school director examines the accuracy and approve that the license holder meets the qualification, as well as sign his/her name on the page 5.
3. Copy of documents or evidence of the performance results of professional practice as specified in Section 2,
Item 2.1 (pages 2 - 4 of the KS. 02.10 Form) the performance results must include at least 3 different activities and occur during the license’s period of validity
4. Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s passport; preferably the photo page and present Non-B Visa page
5. Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s work permit
6. Copy of the current teaching license
7. Copy of educational certificate along with official transcripts
8. Two 1 X 1.25 inch half-length, full face photographs in which the applicant is facing the camera directly; wearing formal clothing without hat and sunglasses; taken against plain, blue or white background and taken within the last six months (Do not wear a t-shirt or tank top, no smile)
- Scanned Polaroid and photographs printed on an inkjet printer are unacceptable.
- One photograph will be glue to the application form (KS. 02) in the designated space and place another one in a small zippered plastic bag and staple it to the form.
9. Payment receipt for license renewal fee: 200 Baht

Remark: All copies of original documents being submitted must be certified as true copies of the
original by the applicant or the authorized person.

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

I've been doing seminars when I can and have also done several "webinars". My licence expires next September so I will be applying for renewal early in the New Year. I just hope that this is going to be enough.

HB

ttompatz

ttompatz

You will need 3-5 "certificates" from the seminars/ workshops / webinars.
You can apply for your renewal 6 months before the expiry date.

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

I've got around a dozen in total but only 2 or 3 from "proper" face to face seminars with the webinars being fine also then I should be well over the line.

GanDoonToonPet

Mine expires Nov 19 so I should start thinking about the seminars...

I have a certificate from the PGCEi face-to-face which may count. I've just finished the PGCEi but won't receive the certificate until Feb 18. Maybe this will be enough? whistling

gungchang

gungchang

GanDoonToonPet wrote:Mine expires Nov 19 so I should start thinking about the seminars...
whistling  

My feeble senile mind vaguely recalls that you needed to apply last May.

If so, God Bless ครูโจ for having come up with the form to request KSP aka TCT to consider an application for license renewal post-deadline.

Douglas Addams:  "I love deadlines.  I like the whoosing sound they make as they pass by."
(or words to that effect)

Hermes

Bronze member
Bronze member

I don't know if this helps but I am on a non O and had my fourth provisional processed. It's always worked a treat at MoL and I have none of the hassles you guys have at Immigration.

I realize the provisional is not the full, just putting it out there.

Sirchai

Sirchai

BKKSomchai wrote:^ I don't have permission to see that

+ 1. No permission to download it? wai

GanDoonToonPet

gungchang wrote:
GanDoonToonPet wrote:Mine expires Nov 19 so I should start thinking about the seminars...
whistling  
My feeble senile mind vaguely recalls that you needed to apply last May.
That's Nov 2019... whistling

GanDoonToonPet

Well, after attending a bullshit 30 min seminar at my school last month I now have my first certificate. I'm now a 'fully qualified' Cambridge Exam Invigilator.

However, things are getting complicated as I may be 'saying goodbye to Mrs Calabash' in the near future...

fingers crossed

Sirchai

Sirchai

kruhjoe wrote:
bahn_farang wrote:Perhaps this board will enable those that have the card to keep one eye on the ball.

Yes! And I really hope to become a member of that club soon, too! As I'm just about to receive (after seven years of struggle) my first licence. Hopefully, within this year. wai

Another common topic that could also possibly set us on the same path again could be (maybe) the endeavour for obtaining a permanent residence in Thailand. Anyone else thinking of going for it? i don't know

I'll definitely try that because it will change many things and help us in many ways. I'd love to have a Thai passport and I truly believe that I've deserved that. Your teacher's license will, of course, be helpful.

Here some thoughts, let's start the process, my friend: I had a multiple Non-O and didn't know that this wouldn't qualify me, but if I'd lose my job there's no other way for me to live here legally.

In order to apply to become a Thai Permanent Resident, you must meet the following criteria:

You must have had a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three years prior to the submission of your application. Holders of multiple NON-Immigrant visas cannot apply. You must have 3 consecutive yearly extensions in order to qualify.

You must be a holder of a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting your application.
You must be able to meet one of these categories to apply for PR status in Thailand:
Investment category (minimum 3 – 10 Mil. Baht investment in Thailand) ( Not for me!!!!)
Working/ Business category

Support a family or Humanity Reasons category: In this category, you must have a relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who possesses a residence permit as a husband or wife; father or mother; or a guardian of a Thai child under 20 years of age. That's okay for both of us, right?
Expert / academic category
Other categories as determined by Thai Immigration
You should note that the list of required documents for the application depends on the category under which the application is made.

Once your application for Thai Permanent Residency is approved, a residence blue book is issued to you. You must then register your place of residence in Thailand at the local Amphur and obtain a house card. A week after the receipt of your residence certificate you can then apply for an alien book (red book) at the local police station, which is the equivalent of the Thai national ID card. You must re-register there every year.

The Residency Permit itself never expires, unless revoked. To be able to leave the country and return to Thailand, however, requires you to apply for a re-entry permit (endorsement).

You can file an application to become a Thai naturalized citizen after holding Permanent Resident status in Thailand for 10 consecutive years.

I'm afraid that the time frame is a bit long and I'll never hold a Thai passport. Time to change the laws for Thai people in Europe for example. They're so unfair with their always changing regulations.

What are your thoughts? here's more: http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thai-permanent-residency.php

Sirchai

Sirchai

I have a certificate from the PGCEi face-to-face which may count. I've just finished the PGCEi but won't receive the certificate until Feb 18. Maybe this will be enough? whistling  

The friendly woman at Khurusapha told me that I can apply for the extension six months before. But that's in four years and four months, or so. You really should start thinking now.

Best of luck@!!!

Sirchai

Sirchai

Harry Bean wrote:I've been doing seminars when I can and have also done several "webinars". My licence expires next September so I will be applying for renewal early in the New Year.  I just hope that this is going to be enough.

HB

I'm always doing online seminars offered by https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/develop-cultural-intelligence/1/register?return=090woo2c&utm_campaign=develop-cultural-intelligence-1&utm_content=GoToWeek_5&utm_medium=futurelearn_organic_email&utm_source=CRM_email&utm_term=CP_1_WTW_w5

and currently doing "CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE", a very interesting topic. A certificate isn't free and I hope it will help as well. What do you guys think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum