Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand

Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, living in Thailand, education news, and more. . .

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand » Teacher Licencing » How I am going to keep my teaching license

How I am going to keep my teaching license

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How I am going to keep my teaching license on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 pm

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
Inspired by Gungchang's thread, this thread is one which members can post what they aim to do to maintain their status.

The needed documents can be found at http://thailandteaching.thai-forum.net/t21-teaching-licence-renewal

I have, post gaining my licence, completed a PGCEi and am now one third through a masters. I have also attended conferences (not as many as I would have liked). I have also conducted seminars which I, as a habit, collect letters or certificates of thanks.

How about you? Now that you have the license, what will you do to keep it?

gungchang

I do in fact have a modest collection of certificates of attendance to various seminars/training sessions, but not enough. I'm hoping that the CELTA alone will fill professional development requirements.

Joe included the "Declaration on a renewal of expired teaching license" in his documents.  I don't have permission to download documents, but there's no hurry.

I will file the declaration next year.  I'll be in a Catch-22 in that KSP wants a WP, but the school will want a license.

Maybe KSP will renew my expired license on the strength of an O visa and a prior license.  Or, a part time gig at a mall school might net a WP as long as I pay for it.  We'll see.

I want to renew my license because it will be my last chance.  Having a license, a verified degree, a CELTA, and a Thai wife go a long way towards mitigating my age. And, it's really cool.  I love using it as a picture ID instead of my passport.  Also, with a teaching license and my passport card, I don't have to carry my passport.

ttompatz

I have a collection of (more than 10) certificates for presentations and speaking at various conferences.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

gungchang

Show off!

I'm glad that you migrated to this board.

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
It would appear (no offence gungchang) the next elephant in the room for the new wave of licensed teachers is how to keep it! Perhaps this board will enable those that have the card to keep one eye on the ball. 5 years passes so quickly and I will be soon applying for a renewal.

kruhjoe

Admin
Admin
bahn_farang wrote:Perhaps this board will enable those that have the card to keep one eye on the ball.

Yes! And I really hope to become a member of that club soon, too! As I'm just about to receive (after seven years of struggle) my first licence. Hopefully, within this year. wai

Another common topic that could also possibly set us on the same path again could be (maybe) the endeavour for obtaining a permanent residence in Thailand. Anyone else thinking of going for it? i don't know

http://www.thailandteaching.info

gungchang

Mongolia has worked out well, I think, or I wouldn't be starting a third year.  My license lapsing is just one of the costs of a long overdue change of scenery (and lifestyle, and language, and currency, and, and).

Failure to renew is not the end of the world at my age, but it sure would be nice to keep it.

If any board member encounters a school in the middle of nowhere that would like a NES teacher and be willing to sponsor an old fart WP for a year to facilitate renewing the license, think of me.

To echo KJ & BJ, being aware that one must have everything in order six months before the license expires is sound advice, assuming you're not peddling your bicycle butt in Inner Mongolia.

You might avoid an unpleasant surprise.

Now it seems that there might be another thread to start regarding PR.

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
I draw attention to number 4 on the list of requirements for license renewal. It is late and the offices are closed, has anyone renewed their license using a "non o"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2560-08-03 at 7.05.57 PM.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(330 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

BKKSomchai

^ I don't have permission to see that

ttompatz

BKKSomchai wrote:^ I don't have permission to see that

Here you go:

License
Renewal
Requirements

- Hold Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education field or
- Hold Bachelor’s degree in another field + teaching experience of not less than 5 years or
- Hold lower than Bachelor’s degree + teaching experience of not less than 10 years
- License holder must supply reasonable documentation of not less than 3 professional
development activities during the 5-year validity period of the license
- The school director examines the accuracy and approve that the license holder meets the qualification

Required
Documents

1. Completed Professional License Renewal Application Form (Form KS. 02) with a 1-inch photo attached; and sign applicants’ name on above line.
2. Completed applicant’s Qualification Declaration Form (Form KS. 02.10). This form must be signed by the applicant on the page 4, and the school director examines the accuracy and approve that the license holder meets the qualification, as well as sign his/her name on the page 5.
3. Copy of documents or evidence of the performance results of professional practice as specified in Section 2,
Item 2.1 (pages 2 - 4 of the KS. 02.10 Form) the performance results must include at least 3 different activities and occur during the license’s period of validity
4. Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s passport; preferably the photo page and present Non-B Visa page
5. Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s work permit
6. Copy of the current teaching license
7. Copy of educational certificate along with official transcripts
8. Two 1 X 1.25 inch half-length, full face photographs in which the applicant is facing the camera directly; wearing formal clothing without hat and sunglasses; taken against plain, blue or white background and taken within the last six months (Do not wear a t-shirt or tank top, no smile)
- Scanned Polaroid and photographs printed on an inkjet printer are unacceptable.
- One photograph will be glue to the application form (KS. 02) in the designated space and place another one in a small zippered plastic bag and staple it to the form.
9. Payment receipt for license renewal fee: 200 Baht

Remark: All copies of original documents being submitted must be certified as true copies of the
original by the applicant or the authorized person.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum