Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand

Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, living in Thailand, education news, and more. . .

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand » Teacher Licencing »  Is Ifugao still good enough for the license and some other questions..

Is Ifugao still good enough for the license and some other questions..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sirchai

Is the Dipl. in Te Ed from Ifugao still accredited by Khurusapha? Does it somehow affect the Diploma, if they've ( St. Robert's ) finally decided to go/deal with another university from the PI?

If so, what would I need from my school to apply for the license, considering that I'm not directly employed?

The Diploma comes with a letter for Khurusapha, I've got my original BA authenticated in three languages by the Honorary Consul of my country.

I've got an additional 150 hour TESOL, a by Khurusapha in 2015 accepted Thai culture and awareness course from a Private Teacher's organisation, plus quite a lot of other certificates and courses.

I'm now trying to apply for the license in the next weeks and I'm trying to manage that in one Bangkok run. Is that possible? My apologies for asking so many questions, answers are deeply appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. wai

Qwerty

I don't have the link, but there is a Thai MOE webpage that lists the accredited Universities by country.  Both Ifugao and PCU are listed there, so the MOE is ok with their degrees.

While the TCT may do their own thing, they are unlikely to go against the MOE.

ELTony

"If so, what would I need from my school to apply for the license, considering that I'm not directly employed? "

The licence belongs to you, so hopefully being an agency teacher will not make any difference. In fact, you probably don't even need to be employed to apply for the full licence, all you need to be is qualified.

ttompatz

I bet that the school is listed on your work permit as your employer (not the agency).

If that is the case then you need the credentials, work permit, passport (information and visa pages) evaluation from the HOD/school director. Kor Sor 1 form. photo, 500 baht and some other school documents (listed in the application form).

If the agency is the employer of record on your WP then you are out of luck since you are not a "teacher".

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

Sirchai

ttompatz wrote:I bet that the school is listed on your work permit as your employer (not the agency).

If that is the case then you need the credentials, work permit, passport (information and visa pages) evaluation from the HOD/school director. Kor Sor 1 form. photo, 500 baht and some other school documents (listed in the application form).

If the agency is the employer of record on your WP then you are out of luck since you are not a "teacher".

Thank you very much for clarification. The school is my employer, a contract in Thai was made right after employment to get a WP.

Time to go for it. Cheers.- wai

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum