ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teaching Licence Renewal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Teaching Licence Renewal Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:05 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=license&SiteMenuID=220 wrote:License
Renewal
Requirements

- Hold Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education field or
    - Hold Bachelor’s degree in another field + teaching experience of not less than 5 years or
    - Hold lower than Bachelor’s degree + teaching experience of not less than 10 years
    - License holder must supply reasonable documentation of not less than 3 professional
      development activities during the 5-year validity period of the license
    - The school director examines the accuracy and approve that the license holder meets the qualification

Required
Documents

1.  Completed Professional License Renewal Application Form (Form KS. 02) with a 1-inch photo attached; and sign applicants’ name on above line.
   2.  Completed applicant’s Qualification Declaration Form (Form KS. 02.10). This form must be signed by the applicant on the page 4, and the school director examines the accuracy and approve that the license holder meets the qualification, as well as sign his/her name on the page 5.
   3.  Copy of documents or evidence of the performance results of professional practice as specified in Section 2,
Item 2.1 (pages 2 - 4 of the KS. 02.10 Form) the performance results must include at least 3 different activities and occur during the license’s period of validity  
   4.  Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s passport; preferably the photo page and present Non-B Visa page
   5.  Copy of all the used pages of the teacher’s work permit
   6.  Copy of the current teaching license
   7.  Copy of educational certificate along with official transcripts
   8. Two 1 X 1.25 inch half-length, full face photographs in which the applicant is facing             the camera directly; wearing formal clothing without hat and sunglasses; taken against plain, blue or white background and taken within the last six months (Do not wear a t-shirt or tank top, no smile)
               - Scanned Polaroid and photographs printed on an inkjet printer are unacceptable.
               - One photograph will be glue to the application form (KS. 02) in the designated space and place another one in a small zippered plastic bag and staple it to the form.        
   9.  Payment receipt for license renewal fee: 200 Baht

Remark:  All copies of original documents being submitted must be certified as true copies of the
             original by the applicant or the authorized person.

IMPORTANT: According to the Regulation of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand regarding Professional Licensure B.E. 2547 (2004), Clause 20 provides that an applicant for professional license renewal shall submit an application with the documents and evidence provided at least 180 days before the expiration date of the license.

See attached forms.
Attachments
Teaching Licence Renewal Attachmentteachers-licence-renewal-ks-02-form.pdf
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(30 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
Teaching Licence Renewal Attachmentteachers-licence-renewal-ks-02-01-form.pdf
(108 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Teaching Licence Renewal Attachmentteachers-licence-renewal-memorandum.pdf
(155 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Last edited by kruhjoe on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://thailandteaching.info

2Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm

gungchang

gungchang

Not exactly the news I was hoping for.

I guess I'm going to find out how to get a license when one has already had a license.

At no extra charge, I'll find out if my age will block it.

I never thought I'd be on a waiver again.

3Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:44 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

gungchang wrote:Not exactly the news I was hoping for.

I guess I'm going to find out how to get a license when one has already had a license.  

At no extra charge, I'll find out if my age will block it.

I never thought I'd be on a waiver again.

You need to download the third form I attached then. The one that is named 'memorandum'.

It's for "Declaration on a renewal of expired teaching license" document

The part I underlined says, that you declare that you knew that a teacher's lincence had to be renewed at least 180 days before the expiry date, but you failed to do so because... (and you have to provide reasons why...):
Teaching Licence Renewal Teache10

4Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 pm

BKKSomchai

BKKSomchai

my waivers seem to have halved since I last checked, first one is now 2015 rather than a fair few years before that...

5Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:31 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Hi BKKSomchai,

Welcome to the forum!
welcome 3

BKKSomchai wrote:my waivers seem to have halved since I last checked,  first one is now 2015 rather than a fair few years before that...

In regards of your question, did you get a new passport in 2015?
You might need to check it with your previous passport number too, in order to see the older waivers.

Regards,

Kruhjoe

6Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:09 am

gungchang

gungchang

I think I'm ready to apply for a renewal. The language center has signed page 5 of the KS. 02.10 and I've found a pay at post form for license renewal that doesn't require a personal ID #.

My concern is that KSP seems to expect me to have a work permit. I expect the WP to follow the license.

Is not having a WP when I apply for license renewal going to to be a problem?

7Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:43 pm

gungchang

gungchang

gungchang wrote:I think I'm ready to apply for a renewal. The language center has signed page 5 of the KS. 02.10 and I've found a pay at post form for license renewal that doesn't require a personal ID #.

My concern is that KSP seems to expect me to have a work permit. I expect the WP to follow the license.

Is not having a WP when I apply for license renewal going to to be a problem?

No, it was not a problem when I presented my paper salad a few hours ago.

Money, however, was a problem. There's a 200 baht per month fine for being late.

They do, however, provide you a payment form for your choice of the KSP counter, Krung Thai Bank, and Thai Post.

I learned that a language center cannot sign page 5 of KS. 02.10. What was acceptable came as a very pleasant surprise.

8Teaching Licence Renewal Empty Re: Teaching Licence Renewal Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:37 pm

gungchang

gungchang

KSP accepted my application at the end of November 2018 and expected me to receive it in February 2019. It's now April and I feel safe in assuming that something has gone wrong. I suspect that it reached the school and some airhead declined to sign for it.

I've emailed FSU at KSP to verify that it was dispatched and to obtain a tracking number.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum