ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

IFSU-DipTEd Graduation

+9
Hermes
Qwerty
bahn_farang
BKKSomchai
Hey_ewe
Spidey
Sirchai
Mike123_ca
kruhjoe
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Here it is, Sirchai! (Who else is concerned?)

Announcment(s) from St. Robert's regarding upcoming graduation rehearsal and ceremony

(Just seen it on Facebook)

IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Untitl12 IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Untitl11
IFSU-DipTEd Graduation 19989310

Last edited by kruhjoe on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://thailandteaching.info

2IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Mike123_ca

Has anybody seen the list of students who will be graduating this August from
IFSU-DipTEd?

I was told Vladermer Galindez will be mailing the students, but as of now I've not heard
received any notice yet.

3IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Mike123_ca wrote:Has anybody seen the list of students who will be graduating this August from
IFSU-DipTEd?

I was told Vladermer Galindez will be mailing the students, but as of now I've not heard
received any notice yet.

I haven't received an email from them yet either. And when I sent them an email asking about the situation, they just replied they would update me soon.

This Facebook announcement is the first piece of information I've seen in regards of graduation so far.

4IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

kruhjoe wrote:
Mike123_ca wrote:Has anybody seen the list of students who will be graduating this August from
IFSU-DipTEd?

received any notice yet.

I haven't received an email from them yet either. And when I sent them an email asking about the situation, they just replied they would update me soon.

This Facebook announcement is the first piece of information I've seen in regards of graduation so far.

+ 1. No news regarding the graduation. Diplomas won't be given at graduation, the last message was that it might take another 3 months (+) after graduation to receive it.

The only chance to get information is to use the Facebook messenger. Will try my luck this afternoon and get back here.

5IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 am

Spidey

Spidey

I was at last years. It felt like the end scene of the first Star Wars movie with all the pomp,pageantry and the pride in the room. The food was good. I had a good time.

Congratulations to all that have completed the course.

6IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Mike123_ca

Vladimer Galindez has sent out invitations for the graduation ceremonies. By receiving an invitation does this mean we have officially graduated from IFUGAO? :?

7IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Mike123_ca wrote:Vladimer Galindez has sent out invitations for the graduation ceremonies. By receiving an invitation does this mean we have officially graduated from IFUGAO? :?

This is the latest email I received from Vladimer:

IFSU-DipTEd Graduation 510

If you received this email, then yes, you have already graduated from IFUGAO and you have to attend the graduation ceremony on 13th of August. aha

graduate

8IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe

Spidey wrote:I was at last years. It felt like the end scene of the first Star Wars movie with all the pomp,pageantry and the pride in the room. The food was good. I had a good time.

I was at last years too. It was pretty hot in that room and it was a long day. It wasn't a bad day as such but I'm not sure I'd make a special journey for it. I had a 8-9hours round trip from Korat to BKK, only to find out later that it wasn't actually compulsory to attend.

I knew that Thai people loved their ceremonies and a bit of dressing up but the Filipinos seem to like it even more. For what is to all intents and purposes a glorified rubber stamp course, there was a lot of pomp and circumstance. At one point I thought I was in the running for a nobel peace prize.

There were a lot more graduates than I expected, I'd estimate over a thousand.

9IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:20 am

Mike123_ca

If you received this email, then yes, you have already graduated from IFUGAO and you have to attend the graduation ceremony on 13th of August. aha

graduate[/quote]

I sent an e-mail politely declining the invitation. Too much distance for me to travel to Bangkok.

10IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Mike123_ca wrote:

graduate

Last edited by Sirchai on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

11IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Sirchai wrote:
Mike123_ca wrote:

graduate

I sent an e-mail politely declining the invitation. Too much distance for me to travel to Bangkok.
[/quote]

Yep, and so did I for medical reasons. Would I be able to receive my Diploma on that day, who knows some holy water from a French place called Lourdes might fix me up to be able to attend?

I've received an e-mail saying that they'd start to do the grading after the graduation? 

It doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm already used to such answers.

How can you have graduated already when nobody had the time to do the most important part of it, the grading?

I'm very happy when this part is over and I won't look back. ( Native Americans' philosophy).

In the end, none of us will receive the golden card this year and that's a bit questionable. 

Please have a look at their website how many of them have just received their golden card. 

I don't think that they've graduated a year or two ago. It's just as different as a farang to a Thai. 
No discrimination intended. Ce'la' Vie'.   hilarious

P.S. The bug happened again when I pressed reply/quote I could see that I only added something to the OP's post.[/quote]

Last edited by Sirchai on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

12IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Sirchai wrote:
Sirchai wrote:
Mike123_ca wrote:

graduate

Deleted after my post was one with the OP's.

13IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 pm

C'est la vie

14IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Spidey

Spidey

Hey_ewe wrote:
Spidey wrote:I was at last years. It felt like the end scene of the first Star Wars movie with all the pomp,pageantry and the pride in the room. The food was good. I had a good time.

I was at last years too.  It was pretty hot in that room and it was a long day.  It wasn't a bad day as such but I'm not sure I'd make a special journey for it.  I had a 8-9hours round trip from Korat to BKK, only to find out later that it wasn't actually compulsory to attend.  

I knew that Thai people loved their ceremonies and a bit of dressing up but the Filipinos seem to like it even more.  For what is to all intents and purposes a glorified rubber stamp course, there was a lot of pomp and circumstance.  At one point I thought I was in the running for a nobel peace prize.  

There were a lot more graduates than I expected, I'd estimate over a thousand.  

I agree. If you had to travel from upcountry to attend, with a long bus trip.....I wouldnt bother to be honest. The course itself was.....well it was.....mmmm it was..... hah? good in some ways.

15IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:22 am

BKKSomchai

BKKSomchai

you don't receive the Diploma on the day anyway. Just the holder.

My grades were different on my transcripts and on Edmodo too. Mostly because they just kept giving 100s on Edmodo probably...

16IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am

Spidey

Spidey

BKKSomchai wrote:you don't receive the Diploma on the day anyway.   Just the holder.

My grades were different on my transcripts and on Edmodo too.   Mostly because they just kept giving 100s on Edmodo probably...

No you dont recieve it on the day, and that is the main point to NOT bothering to go, if you are coming from another province!!!! I wouldnt have gone but my missus wanted the photo op!!!

17IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Required paperwork to graduate. Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:41 am

Mike123_ca

I just received this letter from IFUGAO this morning 07.30.2017.
This request was sent to me and 56 other students.

Now I'm trying to understand what they want.

IFUGAO wants the following documents before the students can graduate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Transfer credential from latest school last attended.

I'm assuming they are requesting a university degree ans the transcripts.

2. TOR with remarks copy for IFSU.

Can someone explain what a TOR is?

3. Application for graduation.
I sent this in 6 weeks ago. I'll go find the old application and resubmit it.

4. 2 x 2 coloured picture.
I think this is a new requirement. I will e-mail ( and also EMS) colour pictures.

5. Birth Certificate (PSA) photocopy.
This looks like a new requirement. Can anyone explain PSA?

6. Photocopied passport (for Thailand and Malaysia)
Do they want a copy of my passport?

7.Authenticated TOR and diploma (for foreign students)
I gave them an affidavit from my embassy stating my university is legitimate.

If someone can help me clarify what is required, it will be appreciated.

18IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 am

BKKSomchai

BKKSomchai

the list was different for PH and Foreigners when I graduated. I'm sure I didn't do all that.

19IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:31 am

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Mike123_ca wrote:Can someone explain what TOR is.

TOR stands for transcript of records.
And the birth certificate is needed only for the Filipino students.

20IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Mike123_ca

kruhjoe wrote:
Mike123_ca wrote:Can someone explain what TOR is.

TOR stands for transcript of records.
And the birth certificate is needed only for the Filipino students.

Thanks

21IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Mike123_ca wrote:I just received this letter from IFUGAO this morning 07.30.2017.
This request was sent to me and 56 other students.

Now I'm trying to understand what they want.

IFUGAO wants the following documents before the students can graduate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Transfer credential from latest school last attended.

I'm assuming they are requesting a university degree ans the transcripts.

2. TOR with remarks copy for IFSU.

Can someone explain what a TOR is?

3. Application for graduation.
I sent this in 6 weeks ago. I'll go find the old application and resubmit it.

4. 2 x 2 coloured picture.
I think this is a new requirement. I will e-mail ( and also EMS)  colour pictures.

5. Birth Certificate (PSA) photocopy.
This looks like a new requirement. Can anyone explain PSA?

6. Photocopied passport (for Thailand and Malaysia)
Do they want a copy of my passport?

7.Authenticated TOR and diploma (for foreign students)
I gave them an affidavit from my embassy stating my university is legitimate.

If someone can help me clarify what is required, it will be appreciated.

PSA seems to be a Filipino institution \. https://psa.gov.ph/people/education-mass-media

I couldn't think of something that makes sense, sorry.

22IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:53 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Screen10

23IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Fb_img10
IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Screen11

24IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am

Mike123_ca

Is anyone going to attend the August 13 graduation ceremony?

25IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Empty Re: IFSU-DipTEd Graduation Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 pm

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Mike123_ca wrote:Is anyone going to attend the August 13 graduation ceremony?

Yes, me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum