ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

new employment criteria for foreign teachers at government schools

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mike123_ca

The announcement from OBEC to a meeting of 78 school directors in the EEC was made a few weeks ago. The new requirements will apply to all government schools starting from May 2019. It's OBEC's intention to professionalize the teaching profession and bring Thai schools up to international standards. The major point for Government schools is that they must adopt one of a range of mainly-UK-based curriculum and assessment methods.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1088993-new-employment-criteria-for-foreign-teachers-at-government-schools/

--------------------

I've found this on Thai Visa.
Does anyone have any further information to add.

Mike

Rastus

Rastus

I don't have any further information but it doesn't look like the qualifications are too difficult to obtain for the General English Programme. A degree in any field (the same as now) plus a TEFL certificate will be enough. A lot of foreign teachers will have that already.

new employment criteria for foreign teachers at government schools 6YdWG5i

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Believe this initiative has been cancelled/delayed

Sirchai

Sirchai

Mike123_ca wrote:The announcement from OBEC to a meeting of 78 school directors in the EEC was made a few weeks ago. The new requirements will apply to all government schools starting from May 2019. It's OBEC's intention to professionalize the teaching profession and bring Thai schools up to international standards. The major point for Government schools is that they must adopt one of a range of mainly-UK-based curriculum and assessment methods.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1088993-new-employment-criteria-for-foreign-teachers-at-government-schools/

--------------------

I've found this on Thai Visa.
Does anyone have any further information to add.

Mike

Hello Mike,

I've read that as well, but there's no other source on the net? How should that work out when school starts in a few days? Bring Thai schools to International Standard sounds so cool. I hope they didn't mean American Stanard?

Kind regards from a way too hot city in lower northeast.

Cheers- wai

Sirchai

Sirchai

bahn_farang wrote:Believe this initiative has been cancelled/delayed

Any news regarding the new regulations from your side?

Kind regards,

wai

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum