Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand

Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, living in Thailand, education news, and more. . .


You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand » Teacher Licencing » Standard Teaching Licence Requirements for Foreign Teachers

Standard Teaching Licence Requirements for Foreign Teachers

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kruhjoe

avatar
Admin
Admin
Retrieved July 29, 2017, from http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=license&SiteMenuID=219

1. Not younger than 20 years of age
2. Have academic qualifications in one of the following:
(a) Have a degree in education or its equivalent
(b) Have a degree in another field and a teaching license from another country
(c) Have a degree in another field and a graduate diploma in teaching profession with 1 year of
course study
(d) Have a degree in another field and have passed other professional certification in accordance
with the professional standards of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand
3. Have continuing experience in teaching of not less than 1 year
4. Have a Thai work permit
5. Have evidence showing that an applicant has been permitted to stay in Thailand
6. Not possess any of the prohibited characteristics pursuant to section 44 of the Teachers and
Educational Personnel Council Act B.E. 2003
• Having improper behavior or immorality
• Being an incompetent or quasi-incompetent person
• Having been sentenced to imprisonment in any case, in the opinion of the Teachers Council of Thailand, which may bring dishonor upon the profession.

Note: Professional qualification for the teaching license, please see
Regulation of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand Regarding Professional Licensure B.E. 2559 (2016)

Forms to download:
1. Standard Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers
2. Form KS.01
3. Evaluation Form

http://www.thailandteaching.info

Sirchai

avatar
Senior member
Senior member
Hello Krujoe,


                  How's your application going? Have you aready applied for your license?


     Thanks for your post and the links to download the forms, I truly hope that you'll write a few words about your process.


P.S. Edited to add: What really bugs me is Khurusapha's Standard ^Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers wording:

 "Have continuing experience of not less than one year."

The school has to issue quite a lot of documents, so how does that work out when you are working there for only five months?

 Should i get in touch with them ( TCT) to clarify?





 wai

GanDoonToonPet


Senior member
Senior member
Sirchai wrote:Hello Krujoe,

P.S. Edited to add: What really bugs me is Khurusapha's Standard ^Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers wording:

"Have continuing experience of not less than one year."

The school has to issue quite a lot of documents, so how does that work out when you are working there for only five months?

Should i get in touch with them (TCT) to clarify?
I was refused the licence because my confirmation letter only stated 362 days, not 365. Also, I couldn't combine experience from different schools.

kruhjoe

avatar
Admin
Admin
Sirchai wrote:Hello Krujoe,


                  How's your application going? Have you aready applied for your license?


     Thanks for your post and the links to download the forms, I truly hope that you'll write a few words about your process.


P.S. Edited to add: What really bugs me is Khurusapha's Standard ^Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers wording:

 "Have continuing experience of not less than one year."

The school has to issue quite a lot of documents, so how does that work out when you are working there for only five months?

 Should i get in touch with them ( TCT) to clarify?

 wai


Hi Sirchai,

Sorry for being much overdue with my reply to your latest email.
I'll start first with how I received my certificate from St Roberts.
About two weeks ago I asked Grace on FB if the certs were already in Thailand, and she said yes.
So I asked her if it was possible to send it to me by EMS. She said yes.
So I sent my address to her in an email, and just in case as I usually did with my previous emails I forwarded a copy of the same email to Vladimer as well.
Then, on the following day I got an answer from Vladimer that it was no longer possible to send it by EMS, as several certificates got lost through the post therefore they stopped doing it.
So I asked Grace again about clarifying the situation. This time she said (the very day after her previous positive answer to the same question) that her boss didn't allow the certificates to be sent by post anymore. I had to pick it up in person instead.
So last weekend I had a trip to Bkk and received the certificate.

Finally, this week the admin in my school prepared all my other documents and forms needed for applying for the teachers' license, and it was sent by post to Khurusapha on Friday. She says it should take two or three weeks to get the licence.

Of course, I'll post it here as well, as soon as I receive it! Smile

It's been a seven years saga for me already to finally arrive at this precious moment of my life. please god

http://www.thailandteaching.info

Sirchai

avatar
Senior member
Senior member
kruhjoe wrote:
Sirchai wrote:Hello Krujoe,


                  How's your application going? Have you aready applied for your license?


     Thanks for your post and the links to download the forms, I truly hope that you'll write a few words about your process.


P.S. Edited to add: What really bugs me is Khurusapha's Standard ^Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers wording:

 "Have continuing experience of not less than one year."

The school has to issue quite a lot of documents, so how does that work out when you are working there for only five months?

 Should i get in touch with them ( TCT) to clarify?

 wai


Hi Sirchai,

Sorry for being much overdue with my reply to your latest email.
I'll start first with how I received my certificate from St Roberts.
About two weeks ago I asked Grace on FB if the certs were already in Thailand, and she said yes.
So I asked her if it was possible to send it to me by EMS. She said yes.
So I sent my address to her in an email, and just in case as I usually did with my previous emails I forwarded a copy of the same email to Vladimer as well.
Then, on the following day I got an answer from Vladimer that it was no longer possible to send it by EMS, as several certificates got lost through the post therefore they stopped doing it.
So I asked Grace again about clarifying the situation. This time she said (the very day after her previous positive answer to the same question) that her boss didn't allow the certificates to be sent by post anymore. I had to pick it up in person instead.
So last weekend I had a trip to Bkk and received the certificate.

Finally, this week the admin in my school prepared all my other documents and forms needed for applying for the teachers' license, and it was sent by post to Khurusapha on Friday. She says it should take two or three weeks to get the licence.

Of course, I'll post it here as well, as soon as I receive it! Smile

It's been a seven years saga for me already to finally arrive at this precious moment of my life. please god


Hello Krujoe,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I hope that you didn't encounter the same problem on how to find the institution in Bangkok?

I was basically near St. Robert's but nobody- not even the taxi drivers- could tell me where it was....

I've just printed out the forms for the license and will try to get that sorted out this week. It really depends on a bit good luck and i truly hope that i do not have to wait again.

One problem might be that I'm only five months at my current school, but i do have an evaluation with some details from my former school.

Considering that I'm on a Non-O, I'll have to submit docs that proof my marriage and visa status.

Anyway, I decided to go there in person, just in case if there's something missing and I'll have all my documents with me, also the original;s of my BA and the Diploma that really gave me a very hard time. I'm glad that it's over now.

I know that it's all down to the person who'll take my application form and I hope that not the gloved guy will have anything to do with the process..


I wish you best of luck that you'll have your card in no time, without any hassles and hope that nothing has changed. I'll update my status right after the visit to Khurusapha, of course depending on my school's interest in helping me.

Have a good one and stay healthy !!

Cheers- wai

Sirchai

avatar
Senior member
Senior member
GanDoonToonPet wrote:
Sirchai wrote:Hello Krujoe,

P.S. Edited to add: What really bugs me is Khurusapha's Standard ^Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers wording:

"Have continuing experience of not less than one year."

The school has to issue quite a lot of documents, so how does that work out when you are working there for only five months?

Should i get in touch with them (TCT) to clarify?
I was refused the licence because my confirmation letter only stated 362 days, not 365. Also, I couldn't combine experience from different schools.

Hi GDP,

  I just saw your message which really makes me thinking twice. If they refused to issue your license because of  three missing days of one year, I do not have to waste some good money to drive to Bangkok, just to hear something similar.

 May i ask you if you were there in person, or did you apply per post? Been teaching here for 12 + years should at least be a sort of considered as having experience, it that's what they want to proof?

I can only hope that my detailed evaluation of my former school which I had created, but finally signed by his Eminence the director, will somehow lead me to the license.

 Waiting doesn't make much sense, my contract ends middle of March and I do not think that the school will renew the contract with the agency I'm working for.

 I'm not trying to blame the guys from the Filipino university, but waiting 2 years and seven months for something that "can be done" ( their words, when I applied) in ten months, to one year, was one of the biggest jokes I had to experience.

  Thanks and a nice stay in LOS/ -wai

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum