ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

You are not connected. Please login or register

ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site » Teaching in Other Countries » 1 year cash grab....

1 year cash grab....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 1 year cash grab.... on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 am

natewill

So, I need to take a break from Thailand, and make some money in the process, starting next March.

I don't want to go to China, but I would for a year if I could come back to Thailand with a pocketful of cash.  Vietnam is more tempting culturally (more relaxed, less disgusting public behavior, etc), but generally pays less.

What's the current zeitgeist surrounding SEA countries and their respective ESL opportunities?

2 Re: 1 year cash grab.... on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
natewill wrote:So, I need to take a break from Thailand, and make some money in the process, starting next March.

I don't want to go to China, but I would for a year if I could come back to Thailand with a pocketful of cash.  Vietnam is more tempting culturally (more relaxed, less disgusting public behavior, etc), but generally pays less.

What's the current zeitgeist surrounding SEA countries and their respective ESL opportunities?

That's huge news natewill. I know you will be missed by your current employer as I have often heard of very positive parent feedback!

3 Re: 1 year cash grab.... on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:56 pm

gungchang

I see lots of job listings in China that pay what I call "well" (double or triple what I'd earn in Thailand) plus housing.

I would expect it to be loads of work, though.

I do not make lots of money at my school, but I've had a very light schedule, including a break from teaching children.

As the sole foreign teacher here, I can't speculate as to what your co-workers would be like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum