Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand

Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, living in Thailand, education news, and more. . .

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand » The Teachers' Lounge » Did you get get a pay raise based on getting the 5 year teaching licence?

Did you get get a pay raise based on getting the 5 year teaching licence?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mike123_ca

Each year I get a 4% pay raise. I'm hoping by next April to have my teacher's license and try to get a much larger pay raise.

What was the response from your school when you showed them that you were licensed from  krusaphat?

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
No I did not get a pay raise. I didn't really push the issue either. Neither did I get a pay raise after the completion of my PGCEi and no doubt I will not get one after my MA or even after my Phd that I fully intend to take. Thankfully the job where I am expects little and harvests exactly that level from my efforts.

gungchang

My old school insisted on the license and assisted me in getting it.

There was no extra pay, and rightfully so.  I was just filling a job prerequisite and was years behind schedule in doing so.

Another teacher enrolled in a masters program but he left the school before finishing the masters and getting a license  so we'll never know what happened to his salary.

Once you get the license you'll be in an elite club. That's more fun than the salary increase.

BKKSomchai

an MA brings a salary increase. A teaching Licence is pretty much expected.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum