ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for teachers at government high schools......

+4
ttompatz
kruhjoe
bahn_farang
Sirchai
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

sarmi1993

Bronze member
Bronze member

Yes, I was speaking silly. Sorry. I am taking Toeic which rest a score of 600+ Sir, do I have to take Topic speaking + writing test along with reading+listening? Both tests are mandatory by law? This is my last question. After that I won't bother you. My exam is in March.

ttompatz

ttompatz

For the TOEIC you only need the listening / speaking portion of the test to meet the visa / work permit requirements. 600 is the minimum score to get a visa. Most employers won't consider an applicant with a score under 700-750 unless they are desperate (meaning your job will only last till they find someone with a higher score than your 600).

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

sarmi1993

Bronze member
Bronze member

Oh, that's it. I thought both are required. Yes, I have to score already 800 to secure a teaching contract. Being a non nes we have to face lots of difficulties to get a job Smile

sarmi1993

Bronze member
Bronze member

Toeic has 2 parts either listen+read or speak+ write. Picking only listening and speaking is allowed?

ttompatz wrote:For the TOEIC you only need the listening / speaking portion of the test to meet the visa / work permit requirements. 600 is the minimum score to get a visa. Most employers won't consider an applicant with a score under 700-750 unless they are desperate (meaning your job will only last till they find someone with a higher score than your 600).

I can't find that written anywhere?

Hermes

Bronze member
Bronze member

18 plus 1 every month. I have additional duties outside the classroom as well as tutor students in speaking and writing. After first quarter requests for references and assistance with university applications abroad start to roll in. Assistance with Thai teachers exams and additional exams of other teachers I'm asked to look at.

I'd say three additional hours a week easily on average, five as we push toward my/finals.

Yes, it's not just about contact hours. That's certain. How many books, lesson plans/courses, your schedule, qty of formal summative exams, students, extracurriculars, addl duties and enjoying what you teach. Positive work environment.

Sirchai

Sirchai

sarmi1993 wrote:Topic ibt 90 minimum required?

If you score 90 at a TOEIC,m it's better to work at McDonalds...

A TOEIC is divided in a listening and a reading part, high score is 990.

Please see: http://www.englishcollege.pl/userfiles/file/TOEFL%20Equivalency%20Table%20-%20TOEIC,%20TOEFL,%20IELTS%20Score%20Comparison%20Chart.pdf

Last edited by Sirchai on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

33A question for teachers at government high schools...... - Page 2 Empty I mean Tofel ibt 90 Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 pm

sarmi1993

Bronze member
Bronze member

Not Toeic. I meant TOEFL ibt 90

Sirchai

Sirchai

sarmi1993 wrote:Not Toeic. I meant TOEFL ibt 90

Please see link.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: