ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Empty (in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 am

gungchang

gungchang

CW was far less convenient for me than was Soi Suan Phlu near Sathorn Rd. and Soi Ngam Duphli.

Had I remained in Lampang four years ago, I think that a border bounce to Mae Sot might have been less inconvenient than a visit to Chiang Mai immigration. This makes me wonder where the best places to live are for 90-day bounces and check-ins.

I'm in Nonthaburi now. I've heard of people being in and out in ten minutes. Immigration is also near MRT.

I anticipate moving to Buriram later this year or early next. I recall that they have their own immigration office and that it's a short motor scooter jaunt from town.

What are the best/worst immigration offices to visit?

2(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Empty Re: (in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Buoyant

Buoyant
Silver member
Silver member

Hi, when I lived in Buriram the nearest immy office wasn't what I would call nearby.  I think it was actually in Surin Province, but I may not be remembering that right.  In any case, I do remember it was a considerable distance and time driving in a friend's car.  Not a short motor scooter ride away.  Maybe a closer office has opened since I moved away from there.

3(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Empty Re: (in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:32 pm

gungchang

gungchang

(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Bur_im10

I'm hoping that Google is accurate.

We might buy a house very soon. This might be a good time to join Buriram expats.

4(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Empty Re: (in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Buoyant

Buoyant
Silver member
Silver member

^ Oh, that's good. That must have opened after I left. It's been quite a few years now. I remember driving at least 45 minutes, maybe longer, in the friend's car. This will be a definite improvement. Oh, here's an article- looks like it opened in 2016.

http://www.buriramtimes.com/buriram-new-immigration-office-officially-open/

5(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Empty Re: (in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 am

ttompatz

ttompatz

I'm in Suphanburi. The immigration office is about 200 meters from the school.
I did my visa extension a couple of weeks ago. The process took about 30 minutes and the waiting line was about 30 minutes.
90-day reports usually take less than 1/2 an hour (in and out). The same for re-entry permits.
It doesn't get much easier than that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

6(in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Empty Re: (in)convenient 90-day here-I-am Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 am

Buoyant

Buoyant
Silver member
Silver member

It doesn't matter whether I am near or far from an immy office anymore, ever since I got my transporter pad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum