ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 10 Pro and the April update- problems and solutions when update fails...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sirchai

Sirchai

I've updated all machines in our household, some from W 7 Ultimate, some with a key I bought from Ebay for lousy 250 baht. 

All are running well, I've even stopped using pirated bs from certain websites as MS has changed alot since W 10 was being introduced. The cracks don't work anymore and I'm happy that all my programs are genuine now.

Should anybody have a problem, regardless what it is, please feel free to post it here, you'll get the right advice within a short period of time.

Also if you'd like to purchase a W 10 Pro license from eBay, using PayPal, I can help you how to do it without buying an already used key.

I bought a bunch of legitim Adobe Photoshop and can give you a helping hand to install it on your machine.

Another topic that seems to be very important is the right backup tool. Macrium, a UK product is one of the best and free for private users. You can back your system up and restore it in 20 minutes.

Please feel free to post your problem.

2Windows 10 Pro and the April update- problems and solutions when update fails... Empty Win-doze Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:09 pm

gungchang

gungchang

I've used legally registered Windows products and I still had problems with "false negatives" and had to reinstall more than once.

Bionic Beaver, Ubuntu's latest, came out in April and I've had trouble with it, too.

When I return, I plan to buy a desktop without Windows pre-installed and without a UEFI drive. I'll still be able to install Windows on it, but I won't have all the headaches that UEFI can cause.

Until Windows reinstates the "stop automatic updates" option, I'll continue to avoid it as much as possible.

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:I've used legally registered Windows products and I still had problems with "false negatives" and had to reinstall more than once.

Bionic Beaver, Ubuntu's latest, came out in April and I've had trouble with it, too.

When I return, I plan to buy a desktop without Windows pre-installed and without a UEFI drive.  I'll still be able to install Windows on it, but I won't have all the headaches that UEFI can cause.

Until Windows reinstates the "stop automatic updates" option, I'll continue to avoid it as much as possible.

Sorry for my late reply.

You would never have such a problem if you back up your OS with Macrium, a free tool for private customers from the UK.

The updates are cool, in the end, Windows is fixing itself, of course, are there some bugs from time to time. But no more drivers on CDs and other time-consuming bs.

You can install all updates, in case of a problem you only have to do a restore that doesn't take longer than 30 minutes. I'd in no way reinstall all my applications. Only if I have to.

Please see:  https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:I've used legally registered Windows products and I still had problems with "false negatives" and had to reinstall more than once.

When I return, I plan to buy a desktop without Windows pre-installed and without a UEFI drive.  I'll still be able to install Windows on it, but I won't have all the headaches that UEFI can cause.

Please send an e-mail to mikelmersi@hotmail.com should you encounter problems with W 10. I'm so familiar with it now that I believe I can give you advice on how to deal with certain problems. Sorry, I don't wanna sound impertinent now.

Sirchai

Sirchai

BTW, there seem to be problems with the JUNE 2018 update. You can refer this upgrade until the bugs are fixed. Mine stopped at 95 % and it had to redo the already done installations. A pain in the arse, to be honest.

But no problem when you've got all backed up. There's no need to restore, only some time wasted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum