ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visa on arrival - how long - etc

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Visa on arrival - how long - etc Empty Visa on arrival - how long - etc Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:49 pm

gungchang

gungchang

My future in China is uncertain, but a return to the nest in Bangkok is certain. I will not get a Non-Im O en route. I will arrive with nothing but my sexy body and our marriage certificate.

How much time does a US citizen receive at the airport?

Can I upgrade at CW or is a visa run in my near future?

If so, are O visas subject to police clearances?

I'll also face a Catch-22 soon. Having owned our condo for 15 years shouldn't hurt our chances of getting the wife a tourist visa to the US. But, we're thinking of selling the condo. This may by another thread coming soon.

2Visa on arrival - how long - etc Empty Re: Visa on arrival - how long - etc Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:45 pm

ttompatz

ttompatz

You get 30 days on arrival at the airport.
You can extend that for another 30 days at immigration.

If you have your paperwork ready you can get your non-O at the local immigration office BUT you need to have 15 days remaining on your allowed period of stay. If you are short of time you will need to do a visa run to get the non-O then extend at immigration (if you have the bank balance).
Alternatively you can get a multi-entry non-O at a consulate and border hop every 90 days.

Unless something recently has changed I don't think you need a police clearance for a non-O based on marriage.
If you do you can get a RTP clearance at the headquarters in Bangkok. You don't need an FBI check.

Can't help with the tourist visa specifically but as a general rule, the more ties she has to here the better her chances of getting tourist visa.

They want to make sure that you aren't trying to do an end run around the IR1 or CR1 (An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative) or the non-immigrant visa for spouse (K-3) and that she will return.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

3Visa on arrival - how long - etc Empty Re: Visa on arrival - how long - etc Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

ttompatz wrote:You get 30 days on arrival at the airport.
You can extend that for another 30 days at immigration.

If you have your paperwork ready you can get your non-O at the local immigration office BUT you need to have 15 days remaining on your allowed period of stay. If you are short of time you will need to do a visa run to get the non-O then extend at immigration (if you have the bank balance).
Alternatively you can get a multi-entry non-O at a consulate and border hop every 90 days.

Unless something recently has changed I don't think you need a police clearance for a non-O based on marriage.
If you do you can get a RTP clearance at the headquarters in Bangkok. You don't need an FBI check.

Can't help with the tourist visa specifically but as a general rule, the more ties she has to here the better her chances of getting tourist visa.

They want to make sure that you aren't trying to do an end run around the IR1 or CR1 (An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative) or the non-immigrant visa for spouse (K-3) and that she will return.

Times are changing. Vientaine and Sawannakhet seem to ask for a police clearance now.

4Visa on arrival - how long - etc Empty Re: Visa on arrival - how long - etc Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:07 pm

ttompatz

ttompatz

For Non-B as a teacher, yes. A police clearance is a requirement. This is now global for non-B's as a teacher. All it took was a couple of pedophiles dodging arrest warrants in the UK and USA coming here and getting caught working as teachers.

I have never heard of them asking for a police clearance for a non-O based on marriage.

I guess I learned something new today.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum