ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats happened to teaching in Thailand??

+2
ttompatz
Spidey
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whats happened to teaching in Thailand?? Empty Whats happened to teaching in Thailand?? Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:46 am

Spidey

Spidey

I have been thinking about this...

Ajarn.com forum gone...Thailandteachingasia...gone and this board isnt exactly a 'hub' of activity. Is this a sign of how many farangs actually left Thailand over the last 5 years? There was a clampdown and it affected a few people I knew but is the issue bigger?

Whats left? The few of us that can actually get work permits legitimately (not a large group) and people working on marriage/ retirement visas. I guess its all the tourist visa people that have gone. Is that it? Is that what has happened?

ttompatz

ttompatz

Most people are using other social media. FaceBook is big and there are several groups.
This board (and Teaching in Thailand) are more specialized and focused on those who can get work permits and potentially teacher's licenses.

The trolls and riff-raff that frequented Ajarnforum.com have pretty much left to other pastures but you can still find a few of them over on Thaivisa.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe

Back after a hiatus! I had a few issues logging in and just didn't have the time to persue it.

Although some teachers may have left for Vietnam, China or Korea they are replaced by fresh blood. Everyone I work with still has a work permit however some are on 'education consultant' contracts coupled with a marriage visa or similar. There are a lot of Filipino teachers but they tend to be in the normal programs rather than the English Programs. We have around 50 foreign teachers in our school being a mixture of NES, Filipino and African teachers.

Sirchai

Sirchai

It seems that Khurusapha is way more relaxed with giving out two year licenses, no matter if it's number four, or five?

ttompatz

ttompatz

Listed on their update on the website as (as of Oct this year) a maximum of 6 years on waivers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

gungchang

gungchang

We had a "teacher" (no degree, no license, and a Micky Mouse meaningless TEFL cert) who got the boot after six years of waivers.

It's nice to hear that KSP can draw a line in the sand and enforce it.

losing_touch

Bronze member
Bronze member

Personally, I was able to get four waivers. It did require a personal visit to their office in Bangkok and a smile. My school told me it would be impossible until I had the person I was dealing with call the person in charge of such matters at my school at the time. That said, I really hope I don't find myself in a position where I need to beg for another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum