ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Online teaching for 51 talk

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Online teaching for 51 talk Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Hello and sawasdee khrap,

I just had an interview with them and I think it went brilliant. If all goes well, I might have a break until next May and will look for a better school that isn't dealing with agencies.

Is it true that they pay between $15 and 22? Is anybody here teaching online?

Thanks a lot for any input, information, or tips.

2Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 pm

shorty0431

Did you do any work them? What's required?

3Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

shorty0431 wrote:Did you do any work them? What's required?

All went well with my interview, but when she was asking me how old I am, it was over. Sorry. 57 is old, I know. weeping

4Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

shorty0431 wrote:Did you do any work them? What's required?

NES, a good and fast Internet connection and good luck to pass the interview. You'll find stuff on youtube to prepare for it.

5Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:46 am

shorty0431

I'm already past the sell by date for that then. yoda

6Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

shorty0431 wrote:I'm already past the sell by date for that then. yoda

As already mentioned, the interview went fine and went on for more than one hour, including a little demo. Even the demo was okay, but I only reached the point when they were asking me how old I am and that was the end.

But there are plenty others who're always seeking online teachers. Here's website where you can create your profile, then you'll receive full time and online teaching jobs and you can get in touch with the potential employer directly through the website, your profile.

https://www.hioffer.com/job/info?id=913

7Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm

shorty0431

OK thank you I'll take a look

8Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

shorty0431 wrote:OK thank you I'll take a look

You're welcome and Best of Luck!!! thumbs up 2 think positive and all will be fine.

9Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 pm

tullkra

Im thinking I want something thats really flexible. Some days off I have time and wouldn't mind a few extra bucks. Are any of these sites that flexible?? I tried Nice Talk for a bit but those who would call would go within the free time limit and then u never got paid for anything. Ideally Id like something like Nice talk that you could have on all the time but that you actually get money for chatting/helping with homework etc. Any ideas on this??

10Online teaching for 51 talk Empty Re: Online teaching for 51 talk Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 am

ttompatz

ttompatz

I work for DaDaABC. I work part time (3 hrs/day-3 evenings). It is an easy 25k thb/month.

Easy evening work (5-8pm Thai time). Weekends are available too if you want to work them (I didn't).
Mostly younger kids; a few teens. No adults.
Pay offered varies from $15-25 depending on your demo class.
Contracts are 6-months or 1 year.
You are paid for contracted hours. Teaching time is full pay. Downtime (no students) is 1/2 pay.

I am over 60 and it was not an issue getting a contract after a successful interview and demo class.

Requirements: NES and good internet (no wireless), and a decent laptop or desktop. Their platform does not work on mobile devices (ie: phone or tablet).
A speedcheck test is required as is proof of nationality and academic background.

process:
apply
interview
training (series of on-line videos and a quick test).
contract offer - acceptance.
start work.

https://www.dadaabc.com/teacher/job/J9o4h3W2G16a
good luck

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum