ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teaching 'Social Studies'

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Teaching 'Social Studies' Empty Teaching 'Social Studies' Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Spidey

Spidey

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience teaching Social Studies? I started a new job on Wednesday and am teaching Prathom 1 - 4. The book that is used (nice to have a book) is called (surprisingly) 'Social Studies, by Apirudee Dragsbaek....

It looks ok...a little 'light' in a way and the vocab with be challenging....but the level of Engish at this school is pretty darn good.....

So, lets cut to the chase. I will deposite 5000 (negotiable)  Baht into your bank account for your full lesson plans based on the 4 books.....

Cheers all,

Spidey.

2Teaching 'Social Studies' Empty Re: Teaching 'Social Studies' Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Spidey wrote:Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience teaching Social Studies? I started a new job on Wednesday and am teaching Prathom 1 - 4. The book that is used (nice to have a book) is called (surprisingly) 'Social Studies, by Apirudee Dragsbaek....

It looks ok...a little 'light' in a way and the vocab with be challenging....but the level of Engish at this school is pretty darn good.....

So, lets cut to the chase. I will deposite 5000 (negotiable)  Baht into your bank account for your full lesson plans based on the 4 books.....

Cheers all,

Spidey.

Hey Spidey,

I'll try to fulfill your wet dreams, but please give me some days. Why 1 to 4, the lower primary level is from 1 to 3, the upper from 4 to 6. Any reason for that?

P.S. Did you crack the lottery jackpot?

Last edited by Sirchai on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total

3Teaching 'Social Studies' Empty Re: Teaching 'Social Studies' Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Spidey

Spidey

Sirchai wrote:

Cheers all,

Spidey.

Hey Spidey,

I'll try to fulfill your wet dreams, but please give me some days. Why 1 to 4, the lower primary level is from 1 to 3, the upper from 4 to 6. Any reason for that?

I am not sure why I have 1 -4....but I do! Funny thing is I have a Bachelor of Social Science!!! Ha!!! This is the first time however I have actually ever really had to teach it. I was asked to teach Social Studies as a subject around 4 years ago. At that school there was NO BOOK AT ALL and no resources. I got by, but it was annoying to have no input whatsoever from the school apart from "up to you" Its not that bad as the kids level of English at this school is pretty good. However, its still a bit of a challenge, and a little.....hard to figure out how to make it somewhat fun. I have some ideas and the school is actually being pretty good. I am happy about teaching a subject other than English.....

Anyway...about those lesson plans..... whistling

4Teaching 'Social Studies' Empty Re: Teaching 'Social Studies' Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Spidey wrote:
Sirchai wrote:

Cheers all,

Spidey.

Hey Spidey,

I am not sure why I have 1 -4....but I do! Funny thing is I have a Bachelor of Social Science!!! Ha!!! This is the first time however I have actually ever really had to teach it. I was asked to teach Social Studies as a subject around 4 years ago. At that school there was NO BOOK AT ALL and no resources. I got by, but it was annoying to have no input whatsoever from the school apart from "up to you" Its not that bad as the kids level of English at this school is pretty good. However, its still a bit of a challenge, and a little.....hard to figure out how to make it somewhat fun. I have some ideas and the school is actually being pretty good. I am happy about teaching a subject other than English.....

Sorry, Spidey. It seems that my curriculum with lesson plans is gone, one of my external drives doesn't work anymore. I hope that you can use some of these files, Kindergarten would be P.1 then....

Cheers. M.
Attachments
Teaching 'Social Studies' AttachmentSocial Studies - Grades K-5.docx
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(734 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

5Teaching 'Social Studies' Empty Re: Teaching 'Social Studies' Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Spidey

Spidey

Sirchai wrote:
Spidey wrote:
Sirchai wrote:

Cheers all,

Spidey.

Hey Spidey,

Sorry, Spidey. It seems that my curriculum with lesson plans is gone, one of my external drives doesn't work anymore. I hope that you can use some of these files, Kindergarten would be P.1 then....

Cheers. M.
Thanks a lot....The cheques in the mail....

6Teaching 'Social Studies' Empty Re: Teaching 'Social Studies' Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:44 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Spidey wrote:
Sirchai wrote:
Spidey wrote:
Sirchai wrote:

Cheers all,

Spidey.

Hey Spidey,

Cheers. M.
Thanks a lot....The cheques in the mail....

Have you had any luck?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum