ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

I still can't believe it.............

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I still can't believe it............. Empty I still can't believe it............. Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Hi,

I flew to Bangkok this morning, took a bus for 50 baht from Don Muang ( A 4) but when we're close to Khurusapha, I really had no idea where we were, I was asking a well dressed Thai gentleman next to me and it turned out that he's an employee of TCT on his way to a meeting.

We went out of the bus took a taxi and when we arrived there and I wanted to pay for the cab, he didn't give me a chance and paid for the cab.

I had a funny feeling in my stomach when I walked in, took a number at the counter for foreigners- 327 and 325 was currently on the board and processed.

I had no time to think when my number was all in a sudden called. The lady wasn't only good looking, she's also smart and very good at English. I gave her all my documents and she went back inside and closed the sliding glass window.

After 15 minutes she came back, gave me a lot o documents back that weren't needed and told me to go to the building next door to pay for my license. My heart was down in my pants , but I knew that I was successful this time, paid my 500 baht and she told me that they'll send the card to the school in 2 months.

These good news and the 4 boys from Chiang Rai/Mae Sai were the best news I could even think of. Always was so smooth starting at the flight, the timing the bus, etc..

I'll post the thingy here once I've got it. One night in Bangkok without wife is still waiting, but I'm a good boy and will hopefully not get drunk. But only Buddha knows that, it's party time for me.

Kind regards to all of you, keep smiling. thx

2I still can't believe it............. Empty Re: I still can't believe it............. Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 pm

tullkra

Nice one enjoy the night

Sirchai

Sirchai

tullkra wrote:Nice one enjoy the night

Thanks a lot. I spent the most time in/at the swimming pool and found a great way back to Don Muang. From Nana the BTS to Morchid, then bus number A 1, A2, A3, or A4 will bring you to DM. And that for under 100 baht

All in all a nice trip, our students are writing their midterm now and I can catch up with grading and bookmark, the pain in the but program for Neanderthals and those on their way to become one.

Last edited by Sirchai on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike123_ca

Sirchai,

Good to hear the good news. I do remember hearing many of the problems that you encountered over time esp. with St.Robert's/Ifugao. Glad to hear your getting the gold card.

bravo congratulations

Mike

Sirchai

Sirchai

Mike123_ca wrote:Sirchai,

Good to hear the good news. I do remember hearing many of the problems that you encountered over time esp. with St.Robert's/Ifugao. Glad to hear your getting the gold card.

bravo congratulations

Mike

Hello Mike,

Just wanted to thank you for your nice reply. There were times when I really wanted to stop, but I was stupid ( or smart?) enough to pay upfront. So, that wasn't an option then.

Cheers-Mike

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Congratulations on the card, hope it arrives with speed congratulations

7I still can't believe it............. Empty Re: I still can't believe it............. Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

bahn_farang wrote:Congratulations on the card, hope it arrives with speed congratulations

My deepest apologies for my late reply and thousands of thanks for your kind words.

I had the shock of the year today when I checked on my salary. We always get paid on the 5th, but it was a Sunday, so it was the sixth.

2,138 baht were missing and I had to find out that my journey to Bangkok's Khurusapha a few weeks back, all in all, two days wasn't paid for?

I even waited for a special week when the kids had to write their Thai midterm examinations, no teaching for a whole week, but we had to sign in and out and stay in the office.

It was a perfect timing, I've told our coordinator, a youngish woman, about my plans three weeks before, she marked it on her calendar, said it's okay and I thought all would be fine.

I didn't get paid for two days because I went to Bangkok to apply for my Thai teacher's license. It's even now after a couple of hours still too strong Tobac for me. I just don't get it.

Per day 1 K, but for what was the 136 baht? I guess it was for the extra work they had through me.

Honestly speaking, you can't make such a story up, can you? I feel so stupid, but the students keep me up and happy. Most love me and it's great to hear my name coming from all corners. But there's the company that doesn't give you business days, not even when you are doing something that's beneficial for the agency.

I give up, it's really too much for me and that at a time where I'm still suffering from not getting paid for three months. 25 K's have to be given back, a visit to the dentist turned out that I'll have to spend around 20 K for a few crowns.

Life's sometimes not fair. I truly hope that none of you guys is experiencing any similar stuff. Enjoy your lives and stay healthy. Kind regards from S. -M.M.

P.S. I stayed in my hotel room, went swimming all day long and didn't do something my wife would be mad about. Older and wiser, methinks?

8I still can't believe it............. Empty Re: I still can't believe it............. Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 am

gungchang

gungchang

I went out of my way to pull off a visa run with only one day of missed work. I may have overshadowed myself by then extending an O visa with a work permit, something our visa tsar had steadfastly maintained for years wasn't possible.

In spite of setting a record for not missing work, and saving the school some paperwork, people still seemed confused as to why I did it. The powers that be couldn't see that had I gotten a tourist visa for them to convert as they wanted, I'd have had to fly and spends days out of the country. They couldn't see the advantage to just bagging an O? Of course, I've never understood why they stopped sending people for B visas or giving them contracts before then entered Thailand.

On an unrelated but happy note, I've noticed that my former immediate superior has left the big pond and is now director at a small pond in Isan. I suspect she's happier in her new job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum