ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Building a Website

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Building a Website Empty Building a Website Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 am

tullkra

Hi Guys,

Quick question- anyone know some who can build a website cheaply or can convert one that's already up and running but tweak it a bit so that its more reactive..

Any ideas would be awesome

Maria

2Building a Website Empty Re: Building a Website Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 am

ttompatz

ttompatz

Are you talking about just writing some HTML and CSS or so you need full on scripting (Java, Javascript, PERL, etc)?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

3Building a Website Empty Re: Building a Website Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:16 pm

tullkra

Think the first. I'm self taught hemce not really having a clue. I use Wordpress and need to figure out how to get more catchment for the website and also how to make table responsive to mobiles as they don't do anything when seen on mobile.

4Building a Website Empty Re: Building a Website Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 pm

ttompatz

ttompatz

I can't help you with wordpress and I don't know if / how their server software will adapt from desktop to mobile. I have primarily worked with my own server (so no issues with doing what I want to the CSS or HTML) or WIX (where you can switch the adaptive process on or off as a toggle on your control panel).

If you are using a paid version of wordpress then check with the help desk about the issue for moblies.

Depending on their server software (as I said, I don't do wordpress) you may be able to, if you can change the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), add the functionality you are looking for. That is what CSS is for.

What is CSS?

CSS is the language for describing the presentation of Web pages, including colors, layout, and fonts. It allows one to adapt the presentation to different types of devices, such as large screens, small screens, or printers. CSS is independent of HTML and can be used with any XML-based markup language. The separation of HTML from CSS makes it easier to maintain sites, share style sheets across pages, and tailor pages to different environments. This is referred to as the separation of structure (or: content) from presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum