ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas please

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ideas please Empty Ideas please Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:52 am

tullkra

Hey all, Glad I found ye again and you have always been truthful and helpful.

So I've been thinking of trying to go back to teaching or at least start to get things organised that I could go back.

Those who knew me before (couple of years back); I used to be a teacher here in Thailand - did it for over 5 years but couldn't pass the TCT exams, was on the third waiver already so decided to step out and got work teaching in a hotel. Now after over 5 years working in hotels I'm thinking of trying to get back into teaching.

A few things:

1. I've had to make a new passport since I was a teacher, do you think I could get work teaching again with a clean slate and pretend that I haven't done the courses, etc to give me time to get things organised??

2. If I couldn't start from scratch, because I've already have the 3 waivers, do you think there's a chance to get work and then start to study?

3. I will search more on here over the next few weeks, but are the Filipino course (can't remember the uni's name) and there was another one that had a base in Chiang Mai- are they possibilities for qualifications for teaching?

4. As I've worked in Hotels now for over 5 years I'm thinking that I'd really like to combine the 2 as in help students learn what is needed to enter hospitality, I know that the main providers for this is the technical colleges and also universities, so I'm asking if any of you hear of jobs that combine the two, please let me know. Willing to move Smile

Other thoughts would be great.

I'm also thinking of moving outside Thailand for a while so if anyone has ideas, please hit me up.

Thanks guys and I will read more on here for the next few weeks.

Maria thank you very much thank you very much thank you very much

2Ideas please Empty Re: Ideas please Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Hello,

I don't think that your passport will get you back to a new start. But it seems that they somehow started over again with counting the numbers of waivers. I hope that some members can back this up?

The Filipino university was Ifugao, but I've heard that they've changed the university they are now dealing with. The 55,000 baht course, also caled Diploma in Teacher Education can only be done, if you' are holding a BA in any other field. They want to see proof, especially if it's a NNES country.

The Dipl. Ed is only an upgrade for your existing BA, but they also over a BA in education. ( As far as i remember around three years of mostly online study, and face to face lessons in Bangkok, eventually in nakhon Ratchasima/Korat, CM, if enough students sign up.

Signing up for a course will certainly give you a new waiver, Ifugao will issue a certificate that you can show to TCT.

Please see:

The only legal and transnational institution in Thailand that caters to mostly Filipino students has three other partner universities in Manila — Eulogio “Amang” Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST), Philippine Christian University (PCU) and the newly signed Arellano University (AU) in addition to Ifugao State University (ISU). All these are instrumental in providing quality education for Filipinos abroad while simultaneously supporting their families back home.

The deadline for enrollment for IFSU will on April 9 while PCU and EARIST will be on April 30.

For inquiries, please contact Mr. Oliver Tiania at srgemsbangkok@gmail.com or call 0972367516 / 0827055619.

More here:
http://pinoythaiyo.com/2016/04/10/enrollment-is-now-going-on-at-st-roberts-in-thailand/

Best of luck.

P.S. They are still with Ifugao university and added two others.

Since it's not really the best time to apply for jobs you could try to find employment at an agency. Please page me if I can be of help, I can give you some info.

Cheers- wai

3Ideas please Empty Re: Ideas please Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 am

tullkra

Sirichai

Thanks for the information.

I have a degree already so it is the add on that I'm looking at.

Need to wait for the high season down here to pass before moving anywhere as need to save the cash for the course but it's good to know that they are still going.

It's all ideas on a pipeline at the minute as not sure but want to make options.

If I decide to enroll will want to work somewhere close to BKK so that travelling for the seminars doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Quick question is Po3try still about??

Thanks

4Ideas please Empty Re: Ideas please Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:39 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

tullkra wrote:Sirichai

Thanks for the information.

I have a degree already so it is the add on that I'm looking at.

Need to wait for the high season down here to pass before moving anywhere as need to save the cash for the course but it's good to know that they are still going.

It's all ideas on a pipeline at the minute as not sure but want to make options.

If I decide to enroll will want to work somewhere close to BKK so that travelling for the seminars doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Quick question is Po3try still about??

Thanks

Sabaii Dee?

Don't worry about the payment of the course. You can pay in monthly installments of 5 K.

There are only three to five face to face sessions on a Saturday or Sunday. They usually have a course on Korat and one in CM, depending on the students'

You might want to get in touch with them, sign up and ask them to send you an enrollment certificate. That's enough to grant you another waiver.

Have a great week. wai

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum