Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand

Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, living in Thailand, education news, and more. . .

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand » The Teachers' Lounge » Still needed?

Still needed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Still needed? on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 pm

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
Do people still visit this forum?

2 Re: Still needed? on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:19 am

kruhjoe

Admin
Admin
bahn_farang wrote:Do people still visit this forum?

Not really, unfortunately.

It just proves Stamp's statement that the necessity of such forum is gradually fading away, as the number of new foreign teachers arriving in Thailand is also continuously decreasing.

However, no need to worry.
The domain name is paid and valid till next July, and the forum itself is running on a free software so it can stay online as long as we wish.

http://www.thailandteaching.info

3 Re: Still needed? on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 pm

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
I have always enjoyed the banter of a forum over the self promotion of fakebook, I hope we can carve out a place for the forum

4 Re: Still needed? on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 am

gungchang

I remember my first arrival in Thailand. The border crossings were nothing like they are now. Bangkok taxis did not have meters. Getting a job was an exercise in laying down a good line of bullshit. Making an international phone call meant going the the post office on New Rd. and booking a call. It wasn't cheap. Then came Lenso public pay phones and you could walk to one from your apartment and make the call. It was 10% more than going to the post/telecom office.

IDD arrived at some point, as did high speed internet. The outdoor collections of food stalls and beer bars gave way to upscale shopping complexes. Skytrain really marks the end of the most recent prior iteration of Bangkok: an alternative to traffic jams.

I guess the TTA board had a peak of sorts during the TCT TKT tests. It waned after that and died.

Perhaps we need an AF Ice Box or something like it where asshole trolls can play without annoying responsible members of society. Trying to be both AF and TTA would be analogous to beineg a book store with an adult section in the back room. Whatever it takes to stay in business.

Mrs. Calabash does Mongolia in a few weeks.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum