ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Easy steps when you've been "locked out" by your own PC

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sirchai

Sirchai

I've accidentally locked me out and couldn't remember my new password.

A quick search and I had what I was looking for.

It works well and gives you the choice to burn it on a CD/DVD, or a flash drive.

http://thepiratebaays.eu/torrent/9965829/Passcape_Software_Reset_Windows_Password_4.1.0_Advanced_Edition_

gungchang

gungchang

Related:  There is a back door you can use on LInux.

You need to boot from a flash drive or CD/DVD ("live" CD or DVD in Linux-ese).

The process involves two or three commands.  It's too easy, really.

This reminds me that the next time I do an Ubuntu install, I'll opt for an encrypted home folder.

Guest quoting gungchang wrote:Related:  There is a back door you can use on LInux.

This reminds me that the next time I do an Ubuntu install, I'll opt for an encrypted home folder.

Pretty sure you can do the same on Windows? Boot to DOS, (or its incarnation), search for password files, (.pwl - I think), delete and reboot.

I think? Delete your entire Windows 32 files and let us know what happens, please
And reboot? Nothing will boot if somebody follows your advice !!

Please be aware that this is a troll talking.
Do not believe anything a troll says.
Following his instructions (search for password files, (.pwl - I think), delete) will brick your computer

troll

noun
plural noun: trolls
a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.   praying

Sirchai

Sirchai

Guest wrote:
gungchang wrote:Related:  There is a back door you can use on LInux.

Pretty sure you can do the same on Windows? Boot to DOS, (or its incarnation), search for password files, (.pwl - I think), delete and reboot.

No need to boot into DOS. Depending on what machine it is, you only have to press F 8, at some F 12 to have the choice to boot it from the prepared memory stick, or a CD.

When you do that you'll see a Windows 7 bootup, but it will bring you to the PE settings of the PC/notebook.

Then you just disable any passwords you don't want. For example the administrator password. Then a reboot and no more password is protecting the PC from start up. wai

Sirchai

Sirchai

Guest wrote:
gungchang wrote:Related:  There is a back door you can use on LInux.

Delete password files? Your post could lead to the Blue Screen of death when you don't know what you're doing.

My tool is virus free, tested with Kaspersky 2017 and it works well.

6Easy steps when you've been "locked out" by your own PC Empty beating a dead horses Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 am

gungchang

gungchang

I'm going to comment on this troll post because it is such a textbook classic example of troll-ism.

The infestation attaches itself to an existing thread.

It pretends to be more knowledgeable than the previous posters.

It pretends to offer help.

The "help" is in fact sabotage.

In this example, at the very least one would make a fool of oneself and waste a lot of time. The troll would probably have an orgasm if the mark then posted asking for help.

In this example, at worst, the mark would need to get the original genuine install DVD and repair his OS.

Perhaps all these troll stories should have their own thread. Maybe we'd be the first on the block to do so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum