Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand

Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, living in Thailand, education news, and more. . .

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion Board & Information Site for Foreign Teachers in Thailand » The Teachers' Lounge » Inappropriate pictures on a teacher's Facebook page.

Inappropriate pictures on a teacher's Facebook page.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

kruhjoe

Admin
Admin
SA80 wrote:Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

Hello SA80,

Welcome to our forum!
welcome 3

Before we answer your question, would you like to introduce and say few words about yourself in the Welcome Newbies thread?

Thank you.

Kruhjoe

http://www.thailandteaching.info

BKKSomchai

SA80 wrote:Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

depends what it is obviously.

gungchang

You seem to feel that if you proceed and try to caution the  person that what he or she sees as an innocent photo might receive a different interpretation from a troll or a gossip, you might have an irate co-worker on your hands.

I would answer three questions first:

1) Is it just you that thinks it's an inappropriate photo?

2) There are people with chips on their shoulders and cannot be spoken to. Is the teacher one of them?

3) Are you prepared to have a stupid co-worker who will be angry with you forever?

It would be ideal to:
1) find similar photos on social media that resulted in trouble for the poster
2) find someone who's leaving the school soon to bring the photos to the teacher's attention.

Sirchai

Guest wrote:Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

Not replying to your post would be best. Please stay away Steve Troll.

kruhjoe

Admin
Admin
Sirchai wrote:Not replying to your post would be best. Please stay away Steve Troll.

Don't worry, Sirchai, he's gone already. Should he come back, he won't last long again anyway. no no
I'll keep an eye on him/them. yoda

http://www.thailandteaching.info

Sirchai

kruhjoe wrote:
Sirchai wrote:Not replying to your post would be best. Please stay away Steve Troll.

Don't worry, Sirchai, he's gone already. Should he come back, he won't last long again anyway. no no
I'll keep an eye on him/them. yoda

Thanks a lot and a Khop Knun Lai Deur for you. ( Isaan Lao slang here) To be honest, this guy had already really destroyed quite a few threads of such a friendly web page.

wai thank you

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum