ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inappropriate pictures on a teacher's Facebook page.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

SA80 wrote:Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

Hello SA80,

Welcome to our forum!
welcome 3

Before we answer your question, would you like to introduce and say few words about yourself in the Welcome Newbies thread?

Thank you.

Kruhjoe

http://thailandteaching.info

BKKSomchai

BKKSomchai

SA80 wrote:Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

depends what it is obviously.

gungchang

gungchang

You seem to feel that if you proceed and try to caution the  person that what he or she sees as an innocent photo might receive a different interpretation from a troll or a gossip, you might have an irate co-worker on your hands.

I would answer three questions first:

1) Is it just you that thinks it's an inappropriate photo?

2) There are people with chips on their shoulders and cannot be spoken to. Is the teacher one of them?

3) Are you prepared to have a stupid co-worker who will be angry with you forever?

It would be ideal to:
1) find similar photos on social media that resulted in trouble for the poster
2) find someone who's leaving the school soon to bring the photos to the teacher's attention.

Sirchai

Sirchai

Guest wrote:Now I know that one person finds offensive or inappropriate another may not, but, if a teacher has what you think are inappropriate pictures on their public page, (possibly with students as friends), what would be the best course of action?

Not replying to your post would be best. Please stay away Steve Troll.

kruhjoe

kruhjoe
Admin
Admin

Sirchai wrote:Not replying to your post would be best. Please stay away Steve Troll.

Don't worry, Sirchai, he's gone already. Should he come back, he won't last long again anyway. no no
I'll keep an eye on him/them. yoda

http://thailandteaching.info

Sirchai

Sirchai

kruhjoe wrote:
Sirchai wrote:Not replying to your post would be best. Please stay away Steve Troll.

Don't worry, Sirchai, he's gone already. Should he come back, he won't last long again anyway. no no
I'll keep an eye on him/them. yoda

Thanks a lot and a Khop Knun Lai Deur for you. ( Isaan Lao slang here) To be honest, this guy had already really destroyed quite a few threads of such a friendly web page.

wai thank you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum