ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

The best tools when running W 10 pro

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The best tools when running W 10 pro Empty The best tools when running W 10 pro Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

As part of having a good and fast machine, you'll need to have a good AV system, Kaspersky AV, or Internet Security seems to be top notch, after trying almost all.

You can use Kaspersky forever, download the 30 day Trial, then the KRT, ( Kaspersky Reset Tool here:https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/16833908/Kaspersky_Reset_Trial_2017_-_Reativar_Kaspersky_2017

( other KRT from Pirate bay work as well, please follow the instructions)

Then a great program to keep your computer clean called Advanced System Care Ultimate 10

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/17035957/IObit_Advanced_SystemCare_Ultimate_v10.0.1.82_Final___Serial

Works great to clean registry, do all possible tasks.

Then Nitro 10 that runs well with MS Office all versions and you're good to go.

Please let me know if there's a problem with the setup. G

P.S.Edited to add the Nitro 10 link, currently with more than 400 seeders.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/11989067/NITRO_PRO_PDF_10.5.1.17_incl._serial-DeGun_Pirates-forum.org

Last edited by Sirchai on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The best tools when running W 10 pro Empty Re: The best tools when running W 10 pro Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 pm

gungchang

gungchang

I run Windows 10 as a necessary evil.

One example is a VPN. Air VPN recently came out with a GUI for Linux, but prior to that I was restricted to Windows when using a VPN. In the PRC (and KSA), a VPN is essential.

In spite of the annoying audio warnings, I still like Avast! It's boot scan is unique AFAIK.

My advice remains: Ubuntu or Linux Mint!!!

A dual boot can be challenging on a UEFI drive (and if you have a machine with Windows pre-installed, you almost certainly have a UEFI), but it can be done. Google is your friend, and I've done it many times.

Windows really pissed me off when it started updating whether I wanted it to or not, and then it upgraded against my will and bricked my computer. I almost threw it out, but my immodest brilliance persevered.

If you proceed with a dual-boot, I have one word for you: Rufus.

Use Rufus to make your installation USB drive. Use GPT & UEFI format. (This will make sense within Rufus.)

Unlike Windows, you can install Linux to a flash drive. This will save space on your hard drive if you have a small one.

You will boot from GRUB. (This will make sense once you have Linux.) You want to change the Windows menu from Metro to Legacy. You totally want to customize the GRUB menu.

Now I'm probably scaring people off. Be a man, grow some balls, and try Linux!!

(Linux doesn't need anti-virus, and it's free. The list goes on.)

3The best tools when running W 10 pro Empty Re: The best tools when running W 10 pro Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:I run Windows 10 as a necessary evil.  

One example is a VPN.  Air VPN recently came out with a GUI for Linux, but prior to that I was restricted to Windows when using a VPN.  In the PRC (and KSA), a VPN is essential.

In spite of the annoying audio warnings, I still like Avast!  It's boot scan is unique AFAIK.

My advice remains:  Ubuntu or Linux Mint!!!

A dual boot can be challenging on a UEFI drive (and if you have a machine with Windows pre-installed, you almost certainly have a UEFI), but it can be done.  Google is your friend, and I've done it many times.

Windows really pissed me off when it started updating whether I wanted it to or not, and then it upgraded against my will and bricked my computer.  I almost threw it out, but my immodest brilliance persevered.

If you proceed with a dual-boot, I have one word for you:  Rufus.

Use Rufus to make your installation USB drive.  Use GPT & UEFI format. (This will make sense within Rufus.)

Unlike Windows, you can install Linux to a flash drive. This will save space on your hard drive if you have a small one.

You will boot from GRUB.  (This will make sense once you have Linux.)  You want to change the Windows menu from Metro to Legacy. You totally want to customize the GRUB menu.

Now I'm probably scaring people off.  Be a man, grow some balls, and try Linux!!

(Linux doesn't need anti-virus, and it's free.  The list goes on.)

You can switch the updates off, please see:

https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

4The best tools when running W 10 pro Empty Re: The best tools when running W 10 pro Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:50 pm

gungchang

gungchang

The switch off updates tips don't always work. I've tried a few, including editing the registry.

The most effective technique for me has been keeping my C: drive full, no more then five or six GB. Then, those pesky upgrades and updates don't download.

I cannot overstate how nice it is to have Linux which does not try and to do things behind my back or against my will and stop my computer from starting and expect to be paid for doing so.

But, like the QWERTY keyboard, Windows is entrenched. For now, at least.

5The best tools when running W 10 pro Empty Re: The best tools when running W 10 pro Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:The switch off updates tips don't always work.  I've tried a few, including editing the registry.

The most effective technique for me has been keeping my C: drive full, no more then five or six GB.  Then, those pesky upgrades and updates don't download.

I cannot overstate how nice it is to have Linux which does not try and to do things behind my back or against my will and stop my computer from starting and expect to be paid for doing so.

But, like the QWERTY keyboard, Windows is entrenched.  For now, at least.

II get your point and understand that you're a real Linux fan. But you can also chnage the active hours, you can pause updates up to 7 days, or defer them. Just saying. Have a good one.- thank you 2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum