ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

You are not connected. Please login or register

ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site » Welcome Newbies » Love Is In The Air

Love Is In The Air

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Love Is In The Air on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Buoyant

Bronze member
Bronze member
Hello Ladies, Gentlemen, and those of you who have yet to make up your mind.

2 Re: Love Is In The Air on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:38 pm

gungchang

Nice to see that damn dog again.

Since you were not one of the trolls or other assholes that killed AF, maybe admin will bump you to senior member.

3 Re: Love Is In The Air on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Buoyant

Bronze member
Bronze member
Hi GC! Are you back in Thailand to stay for now? How does it feel?

4 Re: Love Is In The Air on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:15 am

gungchang

Yes & no.

We are back in Thailand. However, I'm on a multiple entry visa this time around and need to step out and back in every 90 days. The visa was from S'khet, I made my first border bounce to KL, and my next will be to HK. Should I need another multiple entry visa next year, I'll try Saigon. Lao required three nights in a hotel and four hours in a minivan to the airport. Saigon requires one night and the consulate is only a few miles from the airport.

It is nice to be back. I miss Inner Mongolia, though. I really do. Those were special years.

5 Re: Love Is In The Air on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Buoyant

Bronze member
Bronze member
Cool, aren't you going to get a more stable visa?

6 Re: Love Is In The Air on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 pm

gungchang

A multiple-entry O is no less stable than a single-entry O. If one travels a lot, the multiple-entry is cheaper because it doesn't need to be extended and it doesn't need a re-entry permit. If one doesn't leave the kingdom and it's convenient to visit immigration and if one has the bank balance, extending a single-entry makes more sense (to me, anyway).

7 Re: Love Is In The Air on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:26 am

Buoyant

Bronze member
Bronze member
Oh, ok!

8 Re: Love Is In The Air on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:Yes & no.

We are back in Thailand. However, I'm on a multiple entry visa this time around and need to step out and back in every 90 days. The visa was from S'khet, I made my first border bounce to KL, and my next will be to HK. Should I need another multiple entry visa next year, I'll try Saigon. Lao required three nights in a hotel and four hours in a minivan to the airport. Saigon requires one night and the consulate is only a few miles from the airport.

It is nice to be back. I miss Inner Mongolia, though. I really do. Those were special years.

You were in Sisaket, wow! I was on a Non-O until ME last May then changed to a Non-O but based on working here. no more leaving the country and only a 90 days TM 47 is cool!

I usually drove to Choam Sa-Ngam, the Cambodian border near Poosing, usually a 1.5-hour drive from Siket. But I also drove to Chonk Mek/Laos and crossed the border. Why did you never try these places?

P.S. next time, please let me know when you make it to Sisaket. Cheers- wai

9 Re: Love Is In The Air on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:39 pm

gungchang

S'khet = Savannakhet, Lao, opposite Mukdahan.

If there's a Thai consulate within Thailand, that would be news to me.

I don't much care for hours of overland travel, so cheap flights on Air Asia and Nok Air appeal to me. Also, airport arrivals seem less likely to be turned away, and there's a one-day grace period when leaving.

I have crossed at Chong Mek. I had flown Bangkok-Saigon-Siam Reap-Pakse and was not on a border bounce.

10 Re: Love Is In The Air on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Buoyant

Bronze member
Bronze member
gungchang wrote:Since you were not one of the trolls or other assholes that killed AF, maybe admin will bump you to senior member.

Failing that, I will just sleep my way to the top as usual. I'm not wearing these tight jeans for nothing, you know.

11 Re: Love Is In The Air on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm

gungchang

Your name card should read:  My goal is to fill your hole!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum