ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

English for Communication Teacher - Khon Kaen

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

Holy Redeemer Northeastern Region School, Khon Kaen

English for Communication Teacher

Holy Redeemer School (Also known as Mahathai), situated in the centre of Khon Kaen, is looking for an experienced native English speaker or Filipino with a high TOEIC score to start as soon as possible. Teachers of other nationalities who are fluent in English will also be considered.
A verifiable bachelor’s degree is required in order for the school to process the paperwork.
- Direct contract with the school
- Visa and work permit fully processed and paid for by the school
- Rolling 12-month contract with fully paid holidays.
- Teaching Grades 1, 2 (Elementary) & 9. 10 (Secondary)
- 21 50-minute periods per week
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Working Hours 7:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday
- Small classes with an average of 20 students
-
- Salary:
o ฿30,000+ for native speakers (Salary will be negotiated at time of hire)
o Up to ฿20,000 for Filipinos
Please contact krujamie@hotmail.com with your CV/Resumé and a brief cover letter to reply.

gungchang

gungchang

Thanks for this, Mr. Bean.

Sirchai

Sirchai

Harry Bean wrote:Holy Redeemer Northeastern Region School, Khon Kaen

Holy Redeemer School (Also known as Mahathai), situated in the centre of Khon Kaen, is looking for an experienced native English speaker or Filipino with a high TOEIC score to start as soon as possible.  Teachers of other nationalities who are fluent in English will also be considered.
A verifiable bachelor’s degree is required in order for the school to process the paperwork.
-
- Salary:
o ฿30,000+ for native speakers  (Salary will be negotiated at time of hire)
Please contact krujamie@hotmail.com with your CV/Resumé and a brief cover letter to reply.

Does that mean 20 K for NNES from Europe?

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Sirchai wrote:

Holy Redeemer School (Also known as Mahathai), situated in the centre of Khon Kaen, is looking for an experienced native English speaker or Filipino with a high TOEIC score to start as soon as possible.  Teachers of other nationalities who are fluent in English will also be considered.
-
- Salary:

What a terribly racist reply. Does the continent of your birth privilege you in some way?

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

NNES from Europe, who are of European appearance, will come under the "salary will be negotiated at time of hire" category.

I'd like to state the school's "hiring policy" more explicitly in order to not waste people's time; but then any reputable website would not accept the post.

6English for Communication Teacher - Khon Kaen Empty Position Filled Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:52 am

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

The position has now been filled.

Sirchai

Sirchai

bahn_farang wrote:
Sirchai wrote:

-
- Salary:

What a terribly racist reply. Does the continent of your birth privilege you in some way?

If you want to see a racist post, of course, you will. My question was in no way racist and I was only asking for a friend who's currently looking for a job. I really see it as a personal attack, but no worries.

I guess you know that you can't survive on 20 K when having a family to feed, without your own house. Thank you very much for your nice post!

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Sirchai,

No personal attack just a comment on your clumsily worded post. When posting your question you did not, I am fairly certain, have racist intent but would simply ask you to reflect on how it could have been read by others. Since you have completed further studies in education, I believe it safe to assume that you have the ability to critique yourself and reflect on your post as I reflect on my response to it.

Not every criticism is about your core.

Sirchai

Sirchai

bahn_farang wrote:Sirchai,

No personal attack just a comment on your clumsily worded post. When posting your question you did not, I am fairly certain, have racist intent but would simply ask you to reflect on how it could have been read by others. Since you have completed further studies in education, I believe it safe to assume that you have the ability to critique yourself and reflect on your post as I reflect on my response to it.

Your words:

As already mentioned earlier, the question was for a friend who's currently seeking a teaching position. But he's found a good job

He's got a BA in an educational field, plus a master's in English. But he's considered an NNES, that's why I was asking if the 20 K were also for NNES from Europe.

And I apologize when I strongly believe that anybody from Europe with a real bachelor degree, plus a very good command in spoken and written English, plus many years of teaching experience, should be in a different category.

It's not in my interest to split hairs here, thank you very much for your honesty.

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Sirchai wrote:
bahn_farang wrote:Sirchai,

Your words:

As already mentioned earlier, the question was for a friend who's currently seeking a teaching position. But he's found a good job

He's got a BA in an educational field, plus a master's in English. But he's considered an NNES, that's why I was asking if the 20 K were also for NNES from Europe.

And I apologize when I strongly believe that anybody from Europe with a real bachelor degree, plus a very good command in spoken and written English, plus many years of teaching experience, should be in a different category.

none of which would be relevant to an African, Asian? What is 'European' in you mind? Put the spade down Sirchai, the hole only gets bigger.

Rastus

Rastus

bahn_farang wrote:What a terribly racist reply.
I didn't find his question racist.

Sirchai

Sirchai

Rastus wrote:
bahn_farang wrote:What a terribly racist reply.
I didn't find his question racist.

wai

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum