ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...


You are not connected. Please login or register

ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site » Teacher Licencing » PGCEi and Dip. Teaching - How to get in Thailand

PGCEi and Dip. Teaching - How to get in Thailand

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Qwerty


Bronze member
Bronze member
In order to save time answering common questions, I think we should make a sticky that points people to institutions that will get them a Teaching License while working in Thailand.

As far as I know, there are four options currently available:

1.   Nottingham PGCEi (UK, online & F2F)
Nottingham

2.  Framingham State U. M.Ed. (US, online & F2F)
Framingham

3.  St. Roberts/IFUGAO/PCU Grad Dip.Teaching (Phil, F2F)
St. Roberts Facebook page

4. St. Theresa Grad. Dip. in Teaching (Phil, F2F)
St. Theresa

Sirchai

avatar
Senior member
Senior member
Qwerty wrote:In order to save time answering common questions, I think we should make a sticky that points people to institutions that will get them a Teaching License while working in Thailand.

As far as I know, there are four options currently available:

1.   Nottingham PGCEi (UK, online & F2F)
Nottingham

2.  Framingham State U. M.Ed. (US, online & F2F)
Framingham

3.  St. Roberts/IFUGAO/PCU Grad Dip.Teaching (Phil, F2F)
St. Roberts Facebook page

4. St. Theresa Grad. Dip. in Teaching (Phil, F2F)
St. Theresa

5.
http://www.saintrobertsgroup.com/ADMISSIONS/

fugao State University (IFSU) - (Currently no offered subjects)

Diploma in Teacher Education (DipTEd)
Master of Arts in Teaching major in English (MAT-Eng)
Master of Arts in Teaching major in Early Childhood Education (MAT-ECE)
Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Management (PhD-EdM)

Perhaps it's useful to add that you've got to have a BA in any field to be eligible to go for the DipTE. That one seems to be the cheapest option with about 55,000 baht in total. And they accept monthly installments.

Rastus

avatar
Senior member
Senior member
Sirchai wrote:
Qwerty wrote:
3.  St. Roberts/IFUGAO/PCU Grad Dip.Teaching (Phil, F2F)
St. Roberts Facebook page
5.
http://www.saintrobertsgroup.com/ADMISSIONS/

fugao State University (IFSU) - (Currently no offered subjects)
The equivalent now is the Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE) by Philippine Christian University (PCU).

Sirchai

avatar
Senior member
Senior member
Rastus wrote:
Sirchai wrote:
Qwerty wrote:
3.  St. Roberts/IFUGAO/PCU Grad Dip.Teaching (Phil, F2F)
St. Roberts Facebook page
5.
http://www.saintrobertsgroup.com/ADMISSIONS/

fugao State University (IFSU) - (Currently no offered subjects)
The equivalent now is the Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE) by Philippine Christian University (PCU).

  I checked on an Ifugao site from 2916. But they do have a new one including distance learning, just sent them an e-mail, will post their answer.

fareastcoast


New member
New member
Any update from IFUGAO?
I'm looking to sign up soon and still unclear if IFUGAO Dip. is accepted in Thailand.

Qwerty


Bronze member
Bronze member
As of April this year it was still being accepted for both Filipino and non-Filipino teachers.  Given that both Thailand and the Philippines are members of ASEAN, I don't think the TCT can not accept degrees from an acredited Philippine University.

Correction.... St. Roberts is offering the Dip. in Teaching through PCU (Philippine Christian University) now, so the latest Licenses were issued based on the PCU diploma. If they have switched back to IFUGAO that should be accepted too.

fareastcoast


New member
New member
Qwerty wrote:As of April this year it was still being accepted for both Filipino and non-Filipino teachers.  Given that both Thailand and the Philippines are members of ASEAN, I don't think the TCT can not accept degrees from an acredited Philippine University.

Correction....  St. Roberts is offering the Dip. in Teaching through PCU (Philippine Christian University) now, so the latest Licenses were issued based on the PCU diploma.  If they have switched back to IFUGAO that should be accepted too.

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum