ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

You are not connected. Please login or register

ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site » Welcome Newbies » Just saying hi!

Just saying hi!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just saying hi! on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:56 am

losing_touch

Bronze member
Bronze member
I guess I am a newbie, so the proper protocol is to say hello. I see a lot of familiar names here from ajarn. I haven't been active there for years, and I didn't even know it had closed down to be honest. I found this place searching for information about teaching in resorts in Phuket.

If you have never read anything I posted, I guess I should dispense a little information about myself. I have been teaching in Thailand for about 10 years. Prior to that I did a year stint in South Korea. A series of catastrophic events in my life led me to chase some cash in China where I found Beijing to be the most horrific place I have ever had the misfortune of visiting in my entire life. That is saying a lot because I have been to a truckload of destinations. After 6 months there, I threw in the towel and returned to Thailand.

Having had four waivers already, I didn't fancy trusting our friends at Krusapa to issue me another waiver. Although, I am fairly confident I could have gotten one. I remembered a time when Thailand meant palm trees and beaches to me so many years ago. After the pollution of Beijing, I decided 9 years in Bangkok was enough for me. I set my sites on Phuket.

Here I am flat broke with my wife and kid in a small apartment in Phuket Town. It's all good, I hope! I have been doing some e-book writing and other remote work. I have some privates due to start tomorrow which should pay my rent which is due on Sunday!

I do have a job at a 5 star resort here, but they aren't playing around and want the work permit issued before starting the job. My WP3 should be ready next week! Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I am happy to be here. Thanks for providing a place to share information in a positive and friendly way!

2 Re: Just saying hi! on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 pm

kruhjoe

Admin
Admin
Hello losing_touch,

welcome 3 to ThailandTeaching.info

Thank you for joining and sharing your story with us!

How about trying online teaching?

https://www.dadaabc.com/teacher/jobsummary/

A friend of mine - having been in a similar situation to yours - tried it and now absolutely loves it. He earns 650฿ per hour, and works about 2-3 hours per day. So altogether it's quite a decent money.

The things you need are a good internet connection, a laptop (with webcam), a headset with microphone, and a room/wall serving as your background during the video chat tutoring sessions.

I wanted to try it, too, but I got refused as I am not from a native English speaking country.

Regards,
Kruhjoe

Last edited by kruhjoe on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.thailandteaching.info

3 Re: Just saying hi! on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Mike123_ca

Hello losing_touch,

Welcome back,

I do recall seeing you post a long time ago, but I recall the posting had more to do with things happening in Isaan.

mike

4 Re: Just saying hi! on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 pm

bahn_farang

Admin
Admin
What a lovely introduction, welcome

5 Re: Just saying hi! on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 pm

losing_touch

Bronze member
Bronze member
kruhjoe wrote:A friend of mine - having been in a similar situation to yours - tried it and now absolutely loves it. He earns 650฿ per hour, and works about 2-3 hours per day. So altogether it's quite a decent money.

The things you need are a good internet connection, a laptop (with webcam), a headset with microphone, and a room/wall serving as your background during the video chat tutoring sessions.

I wanted to try it, too, but I got refused as I am not from a native English speaking country.

I don't know. I only have the wifi provided by the room I am staying in at the moment. I interviewed with one company a couple of years ago, and they were awful. It turned me off from trying again. Maybe I will give it a shot again.

6 Re: Just saying hi! on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Sirchai

Hello Mr. "Newbie"  cool

Welcome back to this now crackdown on everything country. Please have a look at this website, sign up and give it a try.

I hope that you get a pleasant job very soon. What type of visa are you on?

https://www.hioffer.com/job/info?id=903

Talk soon.

7 Re: Just saying hi! on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:45 am

losing_touch

Bronze member
Bronze member
Sirchai wrote:Hello Mr. "Newbie"  cool

Welcome back to this now crackdown on everything country. Please have a look at this website, sign up and give it a try.

I hope that you get a pleasant job very soon. What type of visa are you on?

https://www.hioffer.com/job/info?id=903

Talk soon.

I just returned from a visa run to KL where I obtained a non-b. I will start working on Monday at a resort here in Phuket ... finally!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum