ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's me again.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's me again. Empty It's me again. Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 am

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

I've just found this new forum after the demise of the "old" site.

How is everyone?

HB

2It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:33 am

ttompatz

ttompatz

Welcome.
Kinda quiet in here now... many of the old hands didn't transition to this site but the purpose is still the same.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

3It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 am

Harry Bean

Harry Bean

I didn't even know this site existed till I saw it mentioned on another forum this morning. It's a strong chance that a lot of members of the old site are similarly unaware.

4It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm

gungchang

gungchang

Check with KJ. You might be a senior member, hairy legume.

5It's me again. Empty at last...I'm not very quick Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:13 am

tullkra

Thought I had lost you all......went to try to find the old site a few weeks ago and it didnt open

6It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

tullkra wrote:Thought I had lost you all......went to try to find the old site a few weeks ago and it didnt open

Hello and welcome !!!

7It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:50 pm

gungchang

gungchang

tullkra wrote:Thought I had lost you all......went to try to find the old site a few weeks ago and it didnt open
It's nice to hear from you.

Do you still have a cat? If so, can you teach it to hunt trolls?

Where are you now?

8It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:29 pm

tullkra

Yep still have the cat....he hunts well enough!!!. In Phuket atm. Whats been happening...

9It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:
It's nice to hear from you.

Do you still have a cat?  If so, can you teach it to hunt trolls?

Where are you now?

Hey, I almost spit my coffee on my keyboard.... lol!

10It's me again. Empty Re: It's me again. Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 pm

gungchang

gungchang

tullkra wrote:Yep still have the cat....he hunts well enough!!!. In Phuket atm. Whats been happening...
My convoluted journey to Inner Mongolia is drawing to a close.

My new residence permit should be ready in a couple of weeks and I'll work until mandatory retirement next summer.

My hosts have made me feel very welcome and my students seem happy. It's worked out very well.

The college won an award (3rd place) from whatever body keeps tabs on Mongolian colleges for something a Chinese teacher and a Chinese student and I put on sometimes. The award was a surprise and there were some smiles.

My new baby is a new used (floor demonstrator or something) Chromebook from ebay. Just getting it was a challenge. Then, I had to connect to Google from behind The Great Firewall without a VPN to activate it. That was a matter of extraordinary luck. I now have three croutons on it and it works well. I'm pleased. Of course, when the computer costs 700 yuan + shipping, 180 yuan for a 64 GB SD card is a major investment. Still, it's been a surprise and money well spent. Of course, I've wasted days learning how to install croutons where I want to, but it works quickly and beautifully.

The older sibling, a Microsoft Surface RT purchased from ebay in anticipation of Mongolia, served me well in Lampang and in Mongolia and then served my wife as an alternative platform to her phone for watching Thai TV. It's very much here and in use years later.

I still want a cat. Maybe if we sell the condo and migrate to the wife's home province I'll finally have a feline friend again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum