ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGCE International Graduates 2017

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PGCE International Graduates 2017 Empty PGCE International Graduates 2017 Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:56 am

GanDoonToonPet

Are there any members who are going to graduate from the PGCEi this year?

Last year there were a few BMs doing it but this year I appear to be the only one.

Myself...I sent off the final, M4, assignment on 25 Sept which was a huge relief but also left a gaping hole in my life. I don't think I'll persue an MEd as I didn't enjoy the academic / theoretical part of the course.

In fact I was quite shocked to find that there is no empirical evidence to support most modern, student-centred methodologies that are at the core of most curricula...

2PGCE International Graduates 2017 Empty Re: PGCE International Graduates 2017 Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

Yes the end of the PGCEi leaves quite a hole, felt exactly the same after finishing last year. The MEd, as you would expect, is nearly three times as much reading. As a PGCEi student you would only have to do 3 modules so it is worth a thought. One of the modules is an investigation of practice which would appear to suit you.

Congratulations on sending your last module bravo

3PGCE International Graduates 2017 Empty Re: PGCE International Graduates 2017 Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:48 am

ttompatz

ttompatz

GanDoonToonPet wrote:In fact I was quite shocked to find that there is no empirical evidence to support most modern, student-centred methodologies that are at the core of most curricula...

Actually there is a large, longitudinal, body of empirical evidence (both quantitative and qualitative) that supports most modern EFL and student centered methodologies that form the basis of most modern curricula. The 2 most prominent exceptions are the backwards US public schools' "teach to the test" system models and the UK's current, "politically correct" model.

This body of knowledge begins with the immersion / multi-lingual Canadian models back in the early 60's and continues through some of the northern European and some of the more progressive models in use in some areas of Asia (ie: Singapore) and Oceania/Austral-Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ttompatz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum